The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K5

Here are two shots I took using the K5 and the DA* 16-50mm while in New Orleans last week. I love the way the Pentax K5 & lenses handle specular highlights.
ISO 1600 f/4.5 1/30s

ISO 1600 f/4.5 1/20s

raist3d

Knorp, really really like the boat and tonalities you got in there. Also which lens were you using for the postage stamp?

- Raist

raist3d

Re: BB King concert shot with the K5 and DA* 50-135

Jim, really dig that convert shot. Awesome tones and tonality. Subtle color. A question- maybe you talked about this already- how are you dealing with the AF now of your K-5? Are you just using MF?

Thanks,

- Raist

Knorp

Here are two shots I took using the K5 and the DA* 16-50mm while in New Orleans last week. I love the way the Pentax K5 & lenses handle specular highlights.
Great atmosphere in these excellent shots !
I think with both the 16-50 and 50-135 you've got an excellent combo.
I'm seriously thinking of selling off the 200 and get myself a 50-135 too.
And then let's wait and see what that promised new tele-zoom does.

:OT: certainly no "orbs" here ... :LOL:

Kind regards.

Knorp

Knorp, really really like the boat and tonalities you got in there. Also which lens were you using for the postage stamp?

- Raist
Hi-de-hi Ricardo,

It's the converted Leica APO-Macro-Elmarit-R 1:2.8/100mm and Elpro (1:1) ... :bugeyes:

Thank you and kind regards.

raist3d

Great atmosphere in these excellent shots !
I think with both the 16-50 and 50-135 you've got an excellent combo.
I'm seriously thinking of selling off the 200 and get myself a 50-135 too.
And then let's wait and see what that promised new tele-zoom does.

:OT: certainly no "orbs" here ... :LOL:

Kind regards.
I think there's a chance I may sell my 50-135 when the new telephoto DA * comes along. The new one is effectively Olympus' 12-60 in "range." If it's good it's all I need for a wedding. May opt then for the DA * 200 prime.

- Raist

Re: BB King concert shot with the K5 and DA* 50-135

Jim, really dig that convert shot. Awesome tones and tonality. Subtle color. A question- maybe you talked about this already- how are you dealing with the AF now of your K-5? Are you just using MF?

Thanks,

- Raist
Not any real problems with focus. I just have to realize the AF area is larger than indicated in the viewfinder.

Knorp

Hi!
Photos:
SMC 50 mm f/1.2

SMC 50 mm f/1.2 at f/8 - yes I remembered it :)

Best Regards
Beautiful shot of that young woman reading and gorgeous light in that last shot (Monastery of the Norbertine Sisters).
That SMC 50/1.2 seems to be very sweet, Piotr !

BTW checking out your website, I noticed you've been to Amsterdam :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing and kind regards.

Cooler

Thanks, Bart. It was near 6:00 am, so all people slept, except my crazy friends and me :)
I think i made this picture a little dark in PS

Another one (again 43lim):

Beautiful shot of that young woman reading and gorgeous light in that last shot (Monastery of the Norbertine Sisters).
That SMC 50/1.2 seems to be very sweet, Piotr !

BTW checking out your website, I noticed you've been to Amsterdam :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing and kind regards.
Thanks Knorp :)
Yes i was in Amsterdam, my friends are living in Eindhoven and they take me for small trip. For few hours we had beautiful light. But I have to go for longer trip to see whole city.

Knorp

I'm continuing with my photo per day project. This one needs the title to work:

Tom
What an amazing find and so well executed !
Very fitting and so perfectly in the spirit of M.C. Escher's work.
As for the title, Escher liked short and simple descriptions: what about "BRICKS II" ?

Kind regards.

Lake Pontchatrain with the K5 and DA * 16-50mm

Here's a shot I took early in the morning while in New Orleans with the K5 and the DA * 16-50mm I'm liking that lens more and more. ISO 160 F/7.1 1/320s Post work in Photoshop CS5.

tsjanik

What an amazing find and so well executed !
Very fitting and so perfectly in the spirit of M.C. Escher's work.
As for the title, Escher liked short and simple descriptions: what about "BRICKS II" ?

Kind regards.
LOL. Thanks

I love the colors you get from the K5 Jim, any PP tips?