The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K5

raist3d

Not a problem Charles2, thank you so much. I wish people over the internet were as understanding as you are. We are cool and I appreciate it a lot.

- Ricardo

MalcolmP

Another visit to my local blacksmith yielded this shot.(iso 5000, still in love with the K5!) P/P probably only to my tastes.
Regards
Malcolm

Last edited:

Cooler

Hello, guys! Does anybody have zeiss lenses? What do you think about them? I have Zeiss T* 85mm and also pentax fa*85mm and now don't know which one to sell
:( They are both so beautiful

Few pics from Carl Zeiss T* 85mm f1.4:

jonoslack

Hah, I just saw that this is the lens Jono had at the beginning of this thread :)
HI Ricardo
Great shot . . . lovely lens - that and the 35 were the two I miss most (and I certainly miss the camera).

. . . and lots of great shots from everyone else as well . . . just to let you guys know that I'm still lookin'!

raist3d

Another visit to my local blacksmith yielded this shot.(iso 5000, still in love with the K5!) P/P probably only to my tastes.
Regards
Malcolm
Malcolm, I like what you are doing with these blacksmith shots, though I wish you dialed down the "HDR" adjust :) I think with better contrast, the sparks would stand out more in a magical way. I like your subject and what you are doing.

- Raist

raist3d

HI Ricardo
Great shot . . . lovely lens - that and the 35 were the two I miss most (and I certainly miss the camera).

. . . and lots of great shots from everyone else as well . . . just to let you guys know that I'm still lookin'!
LOL! :)

Well I was going to say, the irony is that it wasn't until recently, I see this is the lens you started the whole thread with :) And I have to say I am blown away by this lens for three reasons:

- it focuses much faster than I expected it to
- image quality is simply beyond this world, heaven/angels coming down playing harps
- that I "got it" at an intuitive level very fast (one weekend? that's way way fast). This makes me suspect maybe I am a tele photo street photographer after all.

I was planning to buy the DA 40mm Ltd.. felt it was the focal length I was missing and a key lens for some street photography. Then there it was the FA 100 WR... because I could get both lenses at pre-USA hike pricesTM, I decided to buy the DA 40 and wasn't going to buy the FA, but you know, wanted to check it out so...

I took just ONE snap inside the store and I was like "OMG! I am SOOO buying this." And that was that. :) It's good to have macro capability but before I couldn't go for it because shooting insects is not one of the things I do. Little did I know this lens would be come immediately a great companion for street life and more over- got me just in that one weekend three potential photography business leads.

- Ricardo

MalcolmP

Hi Raist,thanks for your thoughts and suggestion,you make a fair point and I have other shots processed a bit more conventionaly, and your right, they do work!By the way that 100mm macro looks to be a very good addition to your kit and seems to suit you very well indeed.
Regards
Malcolm

mediumcool

Where is this!? Interesting architecture and interesting way you shot it.
- Raist
Shortest answer: look here.

Longer answer: I have taken an interest in this thing since construction began a few years ago. I have photographed it on a number of occasions, and had another go today with the K-5, walking around doing hand-held shots. It’s a bit of a warm-up/scouting expedition for when I go back with the medium-format kit. I really like the “tube” end (as seen in the pic—form following function), but detest the Morphett Road end.

My wireless broadband account has been shaped because I hit my useage limit, so I won’t be posting much until the 8th. For some older stuff, mostly shot on MF, you can check out my MLKSHK page.

:)

mediumcool

Two more from yesterday, still at the Aquatic Centre. These were taken at the waterslide.

K-5 • 16–45 @ 34 • 1/500 f8 • iso200

K-5 • 16–45 @ 19 • 1/500 f8 • iso200 (heavy keystoning correction in C1)

mediumcool

A different subject, the Marion Council Library opposite (or behind) the Aquatic Centre. A very brutal building, but a nice library inside with a range of facilities. The lowering autumn clouds suited the mood perfectly.

K-5 • 16–45 @ 24 • 1/1000 f8 • iso200 • processed C1

right-click to open in a new tab or window to view full-size

Last edited: