The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K5

Knorp

A 1/2mile walk down to the River Frome with the Sigma 50-500o/s.
Malc
Very nice how the damsels seem to enter the frame from the right below, rest for a moment in the middle and leave the frame again in the upper left corner.

I'd say, a walk well worth taken, Malcom.

All the best.

Paratom

great images...and still each time I come here I find out that I really like the color and look of the Pentax files. For my taste the colors beat Nikon and Canon and many mirrorless cameras.
Lets see some more.
Is the AF of the K5II reliable? When I had a K5 I had often problems with unprecise AF.

seakayaker

M/V Olympic moving through small lock at the Hiram M. Chittenden Locks (Ballard Locks) ~ Seattle, WA

M/V Olympic being raised in small lock

Lock attendant adjusting cap

Skipper adjusting line and chatting with Lock attendant.

Lock attendants releasing lines

M/V Olympic moving out of small lock, salt water to the fresh water Lake Washington ship canal

K5K5IIs ~ SMCP-FA 77mm f/1.8 Limited

Knorp

Hi Dan,

I like this locks series a lot, must be my roots as civil engineer ... :eek:

All the best.

Knorp

Had a bit of a play with my macro lens and 1.7x t/c.

| leica apo-macro-elmarit-r 1:2.8/100mm | pentax smc 1.7x af teleconverter |

Knorp

Found surprisingly little insect life in my favourite park.
No damsels, no butterflies, no dragons; time to switch to new hunting grounds I guess.
A few berries and one tiny spider ... :(

| Leica APO-Macro-Elmarit-R 1:2.8/100mm | Pentax SMC 1.7x Teleconverter |

seakayaker

Canadian Invasion ~ Kingston Class Coastal Defence Vessels HMCS Whitehorse 705, HMCS Saskatoon 709, and unidentified vessel visit Seattle. Cruise ships, fishing fleet, Elliot Bay marina in foreground with Bainbridge Island, Olympic Peninsula and Mountain Range in background.

K5IIs with SMC FA 77mm f1.8 Limited ~ ISO 200 ~ 1/125 ~ f11

seakayaker

Front Entrance to the Seattle Asian Museum at Volunteer Park, Seattle, WA

View from front steps of the Seattle Asian Museum at Volunteer Park, Seattle, WA

Front Door to the Seattle Asian Museum at Volunteer Park, Seattle, WA

Pentax K5IIs ~ SMC FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited