The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K5

seakayaker

Atlantis, Duwamish River, South Park Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

Pentax K5IIs ~ 55/1.4 ~ ISO 100 ~ 236 sec ~ F11

Last edited:

seakayaker

Atlantis, Duwamish River, South Park Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

Pentax K5IIs ~ 55/1.4 ~ ISO 100 ~ 119 sec ~ F13

Last edited:

seakayaker

Thanks for your kind words Rich, they are appreciated. Out and about on a Friday night with a group of photographers doing night photography has been fun.

S/V Aleah, South Park Marina, Seattle, WA

Pentax K5IIs ~ 55/1.4 ~ ISO 100 ~ 86 sec ~ F16

seakayaker

South Park Marina & Bridge Project, Seattle, WA

Pentax K5IIs ~ 31mm F1.8 Limited ~ ISO 100 ~ HDR 3 images 77 Sec @ f8 ~ 92 Sec @ f11, 114 sec @ f16

seakayaker

Railroad Bridge, Hiram M. Chittenden Locks, Ballard Neigborhood, Seattle, WA

Pentax K5IIs ~ 31mm F1.8 Limited ~ ISO 100 ~ HDR 3 images 91 Sec @ f11 ~ 123 Sec @ f11, 153 sec @ f11

Knorp

Really Dan, this night series is quite something :thumbs:
Any specific processing applied here ?

Thanks and kind regards.

seakayaker

Really Dan, this night series is quite something :thumbs:
Any specific processing applied here ?

Thanks and kind regards.
Thank you for your kind words, they are appreciated.

The process that I have used is opening the image using Bridge, when I select the file(s) I want to use they are opened in Adobe Raw where you can make adjustments to the file if you wish, then select the file you want to continue to work with by opening into Ps6, if needed I may use some of the Ps6 feature such as cropping, cloning, painting .... as needed, then use NIK software tools, including Dfine 2, Viveza 2, HDR Efex Pro 2 (both Multiple Image Series merge and Single Image Tone Mapping), Color Efex Pro 4, Silver Efex Pro 2, and Sharpener Pro 3. The last two images above were processed using the HDR Multiple Image Series. The others were using the others listed or a combination of them. I finish by using the Image Sizing in Ps6 and then saving.

Experimenting with Night Photography and will be at this for awhile longer. Just having some fun.

Last edited:

seakayaker

Black and White version of the image above.

La Roca, South Park Marina, Duwamish River, Seattle, WA

Pentax K5IIs ~ SMC FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited ~ ISO 100 ~ 22 sec ~ F18

benroy

Subscriber Member
I'm sharing these images for two reasons: I love the Sigma 70 macro on the K5IIs, and I get great pleasure from these images of red nuts that are actually just fallout from the weekly trash pile.: the shapes, the color, the way the pieces in the pictures fall together. I hope you will enjoy viewing these images...as much enjoyment as I had in the taking of them.

Last edited:

seakayaker

I'm sharing these images for two reasons: I love the Sigma 70 macro on the K5IIs, and I get great pleasure from these images of red nuts that are actually just fallout from the weekly trash pile.: the shapes, the color, the way the pieces in the pictures fall together. I hope you will enjoy viewing these images...as much enjoyment as I had in the taking of them.

Very nice set, the red nuts are quite nice, but my favorite is the green growth finding life in the crack of the stone!

benroy

Subscriber Member
Black and white renditions...50-135, 200/4 645, 300/4.5FA...plant is the giant variety of philodendron.

Last edited: