The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K5

benroy

Subscriber Member
Thanks, Bart, for the "like" on the last page...if anyone could find a lovely fungus among us, it would be you, Bart, with your trusty Leica Macro-Elmarit...beautiful images!

Roy Benson

Shooting the K5 IIs in a dust storm...

Glad the K5 IIs is weather sealed. Last weekend, while out on the west Texas prairie, a dust storm kicked up.. I'm talking grit in my teeth, eyes, nose and ears. I stopped along a stretch of road to take this shot because I thought the openness of the vista and the dust with contrasting colors of earth and sky was appealing.

Got back to my small cabin and began to clean the red dust off of the camera and lens.. took a blue sky shot as well and no dust spots were visible. Thank you Pentax for those body and lens seals.

One more before I hit the sack. This was taken from a wash in Caprock Canyon, Texas last weekend. I hiked in about half a mile or so to shoot up at this formation so that I could get that incredible star field as a backdrop. It was probably around 1 or 2 in the morning. This was taken with only the light of the quarter moon and starlight. Take in all those stars. It was amazing to be there in the dead of night, a soft breeze blowing and the sound of coyotes in the distance.

Last edited:

benroy

Subscriber Member
Rotting wooden fence sections stacked up for disposal...77 w/K5IIs.

First, to see some really stellar street photography, go to Ricardo's "Fun with Q7" thread in this Pentax forum.

Last edited:
Nightfall in Texas

A friend and I went out tonight to see what we could find to shoot. We were driving back country roads through ranches northwest of Dallas. The sun had set about 20 minutes earlier and nightfall was just beginning. We came upon an open expanse of a ranch with a row of trees in the distance. This was the best shot of the evening for me. I found nothing else of interest. This almost looks like a painting but this is exactly how the western sky looked.

Pentax K5 IIs and the DA* 16-50mm

Rich M

Out with a new (to me) lens today.....SMC-FA100/2.8 macro. Very sharp. Photo limiter is a nice feature. All metal body is sturdy. Short focus throw. Not weather sealed like the dFA 100mm macro, but has an easy to access aperture ring.

Getting ready for full frame :rolleyes:

R

Last edited:

benroy

Subscriber Member
Giving the 43mm lens a workout on the K5IIs:
My apologies for running the tool pictures again...they got buried on the bottom of the page a couple of pages back...the color alone makes them worth another share.
What was done to the trees is called "hat-racking", and is frowned upon by local authorities.

Last edited:

Knorp

From a trip on the isle of Marken.

lens: Enna Munich Ennalyt 24/4.0

lens: Asahi Pentax Fish-Eye 17/4.0

lens: Leica Apo-Macro-Elmarit-R 100/2.8

Rich M

Great photos Bart.......all of them.

I pre-ordered the K-3 from B&H, but after shooting this weekend and looking at yours, Roy's, Jim's, Dan's, Vlad's and others pics, I wonder how much better could that camera be....because our 16mp K-5's are pretty darn good.

Reconsidering......R

seakayaker

+1

Great photographs Bart!

I especially love the double-ender cutter with the Gaff main sail, I am a fan!

A beautiful photograph of a beautiful sailing vessel!

Great photos Bart.......all of them.

I pre-ordered the K-3 from B&H, but after shooting this weekend and looking at yours, Roy's, Jim's, Dan's, Vlad's and others pics, I wonder how much better could that camera be....because our 16mp K-5's are pretty darn good.

Reconsidering......R
Well, due to larger sensor density/size there may be better resolution... still waiting to see... and then of course there is the alleged better AF accuracy, etc..

I remember thinking my K5 was great.... then tried the K5 IIs and realized that it was, in fact, a better camera.... could be the same for the K3.