The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K5

benroy

Subscriber Member
Rich: here's a B&W version of the "Beast". You need to double-click on image, which will provide you with a preview option...get a nice full screen pic.

Last edited:

benroy

Subscriber Member
16-50, 300FA w/K5IIs...might serve as a distraction from the circus going on in the Sony a7r thread.

Last edited:

Knorp

16-50, 300FA w/K5IIs...might serve as a distraction from the circus going on in the Sony a7r thread.
Roy, will you stop distracting me from my A7R, please ?
:D :D :D

Some excellent shots and I have to say the colour images pleases me most in this fine series.
Especially that 'yellow & brown' leaf combination is a great find :clap:

All the very best.

Paratom

Congrats with that interesting new limited zoom, Tom.
Is it any good ? No smearing in the corners :rolleyes: ?

Kind regards.
Hi Knorp,
I can't say yet. It does need some focus fine adjustment in the camera, since the images I took today seemed all slightly back focused. My feeling is that it seems to show good sharpness over the frame, but not totally on the level of the 31 and 43. the handling i excellent.

Knorp

Hi Knorp,
I can't say yet. It does need some focus fine adjustment in the camera, since the images I took today seemed all slightly back focused. My feeling is that it seems to show good sharpness over the frame, but not totally on the level of the 31 and 43. the handling i excellent.
Tom, I hope the weather improves for the weekend and you can go out and shoot some nice shots (for us :)).

All the best.

Paratom

Tom, I hope the weather improves for the weekend and you can go out and shoot some nice shots (for us :)).

All the best.
Hi Knorp,
what you like? Brickwalls or real images?
I am already a bit frustrated because it needs focus fine calibration.

Knorp

Hi Knorp,
what you like? Brickwalls or real images?
I am already a bit frustrated because it needs focus fine calibration.
Hi Tom,

I'd like to see some real world images but that doesn't exclude one or two torture shots :D

Why the frustration ? How much you had to correct ?

Kind regards.

Paratom

Hi Tom,

I'd like to see some real world images but that doesn't exclude one or two torture shots :D

Why the frustration ? How much you had to correct ?

Kind regards.
I am now at +6. Frustrated because I would rather just use lenses without having to run focus tests and finding the right value seems takes time.

However I took some more quick shots during my lunch break today, in comparison of the 20-40 with the 18-135 and the X-Vario and now I have a good feeling with the 20-40.

I post some images in a separate thread.

MalcolmP

A bit of a swansong from me with the fantastic K5.
A lot of photo's yet to process,so not my last post(unfortunately for you:))
What a camera:clap: even in my hands.
K3 sat waiting to go for a walk.
Goodbye K5. TOP BANANA
Regards
Malcolm

Last edited: