The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K5

tsjanik

All nice and 'warm' here and no prospect for snow anytime soon, Tom.

Kind regards.
Seems N. America has the cold air and Asia and Europe the warm. Recent shot of my wife wondering why I'm so slow.

20140102_8706 by tsjanik47, on Flickr

Taken with a K-5 and 40mm, so small that it is easy to carry in a fanny pack. I am resisting the siren's call of the Sony A7r; it seems unlikely I would have been willing to expose it to the moisture the K-5 suffered on this trip.

Last edited:

D&A

Wow, how I miss cross country skiing. It's been a long time since we had both decent and that kind of snowfall in the back country here, for this sort of activity. Makes me want to jump in the car and head north. Nice shot Tom! Its always good to have at least one small camera that you don't mind taking out in the elements. Too many good shots would otherwise be missed.

Dave (D&A)

Knorp

Seems N. America has the cold air and Asia and Europe the warm. Recent shot of my wife wondering why I'm so slow.

Taken with a K-5 and 40mm, so small that it is easy to carry in a fanny pack. I am resisting the siren's call of the Sony A7r; it seems unlikely I would have been willing to expose it to the moisture the K-5 suffered on this trip.
What a lovely image, Tom. A true winter wonderland !

Kind regards.

tsjanik

Wow, how I miss cross country skiing. It's been a long time since we had both decent and that kind of snowfall in the back country here, for this sort of activity. Makes me want to jump in the car and head north. Nice shot Tom! Its always good to have at least one small camera that you don't mind taking out in the elements. Too many good shots would otherwise be missed.

Dave (D&A)
Well Dave you will need to go further north than here. Ten days ago it was
-6F with a blizzard warning; five days later 52 F with a flood warning and heavy rain. That scene is likely dirty ice with a dusting of snow right now

D&A

Tom, you had to burst my bubble and here all I could think of was your lovely winter wonderland, all pristine and ready for anyone willing to venture up North. Oh well, winters not over and there is always hope for a "repeat" :) (and of course more great winter images!)

Dave (D&A)

tsjanik

Some winter shots you might enjoy. I was skiing when a very heavy snowfall started; I would estimate 2-3 inches per hour at times. I had a K-5 with a 40mm in a fanny pack with me and took these shots of an old apple tree and a portion of the trail lined by hemlocks. I must say the WR of the K-3 is very effective.

Tom

EDIT: It should say the WR of the K-5 is effective - I don't have a K-3 (yet).

_IGP3366 by tsjanik47, on Flickr

_IGP3369 by tsjanik47, on Flickr

Last edited:

seakayaker

BC Ferries ~ Passing West Bound between Gallano and Mayne Islands - the Costal Celebration ferry ~ Midway point between Victoria, Vancouver Island and Tsawwassen, British Columbia.

Pentax K5IIs ~ SMC PENTAX-FA 77mm f1.8 Limited ~ ISO 200 ~ 1/125 ~ f4.5

seakayaker

2/3/2014 ~ Hardwick's Hardware Store Sidewalk & Window Display ~ University District Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

Pentax K5IIs ~ SMC PENTAX-FA 77mm f1.8 Limited ~ ISO 3200 ~ 1/30 ~ f1.8

seakayaker

West Point Light ~ Discovery Park ~ Magnolia Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

A day of rain, a walk in the park to West Point Light. A day of rain . . . . . .

Pentax K5IIs ~ SMC PENTAX-DA* 55mm f1.4 SDM ~ ISO 200 ~ 1/100 ~ f5.0

seakayaker

2/23/2014 ~ Field in the Rain, 177th Ave SE, Monroe, WA

Pentax K5IIs ~ SMC PENTAX-DA* 55mm f1.4 SDM ~ ISO 400 ~ 1/100 ~ f3.2

seakayaker

Long and busy day, more of a snap shot day.

While walking to catch the shuttle bus up to work.

Morning Sky at 6:54 AM ~ University District ~ Seattle, WA

Pentax K5IIs ~ SMC PENTAX-DA* 55mm f1.4 SDM ~ ISO 200 ~ 1/100 ~ f8