The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K5

seakayaker

Tulips at the Eastlake P-Patch, 2900 Fairview Aveneue E, Eastlake Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

Pentax K5IIs ~ SMC DA* 55mm f1.4 SDM ~ ISO 100 ~ 1/1250 ~ f2.0

seakayaker

Tulips at the Eastlake P-Patch, 2900 Fairview Aveneue E, Eastlake Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

Pentax K5IIs ~ SMC DA* 55mm f1.4 SDM ~ ISO 100 ~ 1/1600 ~ f2.0

seakayaker

Gardening at the Eastlake P Patch, 2900 Fairview Aveneue E, Eastlake Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

Pentax K5IIs ~ SMC DA* 55mm f1.4 SDM ~ ISO 200 ~ 1/125 ~ f11

seakayaker

Eight Man Boats with Coxswain ~ Practice on Greenlake ~ Greenlake Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

Pentax K5IIs ~ SMC DA* 55mm f1.4 SDM ~ ISO 200 ~ 1/200 ~ f11

seakayaker

Eight Man Boats with Coxswain ~ Practice on Greenlake ~ Greenlake Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

Pentax K5IIs ~ SMC DA* 55mm f1.4 SDM ~ ISO 100 ~ 1/200 ~ f11

seakayaker

Observing Sprints ~ Eight Man Boats with Coxswain ~ Practice on Greenlake ~ Greenlake Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

Pentax K5IIs ~ SMC DA* 55mm f1.4 SDM ~ ISO 200 ~ 1/200 ~ f11

seakayaker

View to West Seattle from Parsons Gardens ~ Queen Anne Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

Pentax K5IIs ~ SMC DA* 55mm f1.4 SDM ~ ISO 100 ~ 1/200 ~ f11

seakayaker

View over Magnolia and Elliot Bay to Bainbridge Island and the Olympic Peninsula ~ Queen Anne Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

Pentax K5IIs ~ SMC DA* 55mm f1.4 SDM ~ ISO 100 ~ 1/200 ~ f14

seakayaker

Dan, What's causing the starburst? Is that Tinkerbell? :ROTFL:

Nice lens that 55mm.

Tom
Tom, I have no idea what light was reflecting over in West Seattle. It did catch my eye before I took the photograph and happy that it came out so well.

Some beautiful views from a couple of points along Highland Drive on Queen Anne. I love the working water front right right below this city neighborhood. The ship is being loaded with grain and there is also a large rail freight yard and a beautiful park down below as well.

If that was tinkerbell over there in West Seattle, I'll be on the look out for Peter Pan and his crew this weekend.

..... and yes, the 55mm is a keeper.

seakayaker

Hmm... someone likes their K-5 a lot around here... :)

- Ricardo
The K5IIs is a wonderful camera and has some great lens. A new K5IIs is listed for $695.00 and is a great buy for someone looking for an affordable camera that will provide a lot of bang for the buck.

If you are looking for the rest of the contributors, I think you'll find then over on the Fuji and Sony threads!

Fun with the K5 thread has certainly slowed down.

seakayaker

Jeanette's Birthday Party, Camlin Hotel, Downtown Seattle, WA

Pentax K5IIs ~ SMC FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited ~ ISO 400 ~ 1/60 ~ f1.8

seakayaker

Jeanette and Bruce ~ Jeanette Birthday Party, Camlin Hotel, Downtown Seattle, WA

Pentax K5IIs ~ SMC FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited ~ ISO 400 ~ 1/60 ~ f1.8

seakayaker

Gas Works Park & Lake Union, Wallingford Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

Pentax K5IIs ~ SMC FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited ~ ISO 200 ~ 1/60 ~ f6.3