The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K5

seakayaker

Digitalis at the Hiram M. Chittenden Locks (Ballard Locks) ~ Ballard Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

Pentax K5IIs ~ SMC Pentax DFA Macro 100mm F2.8 WR ~ ISO 400 ~ 1/160 ~ f4.0

seakayaker

Roses at the Large Lock of the Hiram M. Chittenden Locks (Ballard Locks) ~ Ballard Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

Pentax K5IIs ~ SMC Pentax DFA Macro 100mm F2.8 WR ~ ISO 100 ~ 1/200 ~ f4.0

seakayaker

Pink Wildflower at the Large Lock of the Hiram M. Chittenden Locks (Ballard Locks) ~ Ballard Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

Pentax K5IIs ~ SMC Pentax DFA Macro 100mm F2.8 WR ~ ISO 100 ~ 1/320 ~ f5.0

seakayaker

F/V Bering Sea ~ Inbound Passing Through the Large Lock of the Hiram M. Chittenden Locks (Ballard Locks), Ballard Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

Pentax K5IIs ~ SMC Pentax DFA Macro 100mm F2.8 WR ~ ISO 200 ~ 1/250 ~ f13

seakayaker

Deck Hand on the Bering Sea ~ Inbound Passing Through the Large Lock of the Hiram M. Chittenden Locks (Ballard Locks), Ballard Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

Pentax K5IIs ~ SMC Pentax DFA Macro 100mm F2.8 WR ~ ISO 200 ~ 1/125 ~ f8.0

seakayaker

Coiled Line on the Stern of the Bering Sea ~ Inbound Passing Through the Large Lock of the Hiram M. Chittenden Locks (Ballard Locks), Ballard Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

Pentax K5IIs ~ SMC Pentax DFA Macro 100mm F2.8 WR ~ ISO 100 ~ 1/800 ~ f4.0

seakayaker

Floating Homes under the George Washington Memorial Bridge (commonly called the Aurora Bridge) where Lake Union meets the Lake Washington Ship Canal in the Fremont & Queen Anne Neighborhoods in Seattle, WA

Pentax K5IIs ~ SMC Pentax DFA Macro 100mm F2.8 WR ~ ISO 800 ~ 1/125 ~ f4.5

seakayaker

Evening View of George Washington Memorial Bridge (Aurora Bridge) in and Floating Homes on the Queen Anne Side where Lake Union meets the Lake Washington Ship Canal, Seattle, WA

Pentax K5IIs ~ SMC Pentax DFA Macro 100mm F2.8 WR ~ ISO 800 ~ 1/125 ~ f4.5

seakayaker

Icicle Seafoods Factory Ship Northern Victor being Pushed by the Tugboat Westrac II through the Large Lock, at the Hiram M. Chittenden Locks (Ballard Locks), Ballard Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

A Tugboat forward to pull the 'Norther Victor' along with the and the 'Westrac II' to push filled over 500 ft of the Large Lock. There were also two other tugboats outbound as well in the large lock, the 'Sandra Foss' and the the 'Fury.'

Pentax K5IIs ~ SMC Pentax DFA Macro 100mm F2.8 WR ~ ISO 200 ~ 1/125 ~ f5.6

seakayaker

View of the 78' 8" Linmar Motor Yacht (built in 1932) and Halcyon Pacific Seacraft Orion 27' Cutter Rig Sailboat docked in Lake Union under the Ship Canal Bridge (I5), in the Eastlake Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

Pentax K5IIs ~ SMC Pentax DFA Macro 100mm F2.8 WR ~ ISO 200 ~ 1/125 ~ f4.5

seakayaker

Fishing Vessels Pacific Star & Lilli Ann in North Lake Union on the Wallingford Neighborhood Shoreline, Seattle, WA

Opposite shoreline, standing over in the Eastlake Side in the South Passage Point Park about 75 yards away from the Linmar Motor Yacht.

Pentax K5IIs ~ SMC Pentax DFA Macro 100mm F2.8 WR ~ ISO 200 ~ 1/125 ~ f7.1

seakayaker

View of Marine Traffic on Shilshole Bay, Bainbridge Island, & the Olympic Mountains (Color / B&W) ~ from Golden Gardens Park, Ballard Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

Just playing with converting color to B&W

seakayaker

Fishing Vessel Starbound ~ Outbound Being Lowered in the Large Lock of the Hiram M. Chittenden Locks (Ballard Locks), Ballard Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

Pentax K5IIs ~ SMC Pentax DFA Macro 100mm F2.8 WR ~ ISO 200 ~ 1/250 ~ f11

seakayaker

Paddleboards Crossing the exit of the Lake Washington Ship Canal into Shilshole Bay, Puget Sound, Magnolia & Ballard Neigborhoods, Seattle, WA

MalcolmP

Looking through the Fun With Medium Format(as I often do,mostly in awe) a couple of recent posts of this place Eilean Donan,far better than my version reminded me that nonetheless I'd taken this and I thought I'd share it with you.
K5-Tamron 70-200 f2.8 @70mm multiple(10 ish) portrait frames stitched.
Regards
Malc

seakayaker

Lead Runners of the Brooks Fremont 5K running along the Burke Gilman Trail in the Wallingford Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

Pentax K5IIs ~ SMC FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited ~ ISO 200 ~ 1/60 ~ f11

seakayaker

Runners in the Pack of the Brooks Fremont 5K running along the Burke Gilman Trail in the Wallingford Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

Pentax K5IIs ~ SMC FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited ~ ISO 200 ~ 1/100 ~ f11

seakayaker

Boat Ramp at Shilshole Bay next to Golden Gardens Park, Ballard Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

Pentax K5IIs ~ SMC FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited ~ ISO 200 ~ 1/100 ~ f11