The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K5

Knorp

Beautiful and so very elegant ! Great sequence you've captured here, Trygve :salute:

All the very best.

So I bought Sigma 18-35. Hate and Love. :)
Place: Sopatowiec, Pentax K5 + Sigma 18-35

@23mm f/8 1/30s

@35mm f3,2 1/8000

@35mm f3,2 1/125

And wide open @35mm:

Brilliant lens

That's too bad, Piotr.
But how bad is it ? Is it inaccurate ? Or it won't lock ? Hunting ?
TIA
Kind regards.
With lens I bought also the Sigma Dock. First attempt to calibration was a failure. After some experiment (I cannot find any reliable tutorials) I got quite simple methodology: First In body calibration @2m (where Sigma don't have any calibration point) then "infinity" then closer target. After full process, second iteration of calibration as all calibration points are connected somehow. So as K5 have very very uneven AF, it is working event more uneven with this lens. It is "kelvin" related issue but is not so simple. So it is not hunting but mostly you will get FF or BF. You make no change in setting, take off lens put it back and it work :). So It is not for wedding photography (not with K5). But for show photography it is great :).
So I'm feeling obliged to put some photo.
All photos will be from my beloved K5 from Kromer Festival. I was a producer of that event.
Full photo-reportage is here

With SIGMA 18-35 Paul O'dette, this photo was perfect example of problem I've made is in focus at the fifth approach

But I like to use quite unusual lenses at event photography. Manual lenses
Mirror Tokina 500mm f/8 is my favourite when I like to make some closer detail from far far away (750mm)
With SR from old pentax it work well @1/160s hand held

but with tripod and pre focusing and mirror lockup work even better :)

I bought for about 30$ Hoya 200m f3.5 as I look for small (smaller than 18-35) tele lens.
It is quite great lens: with stable target work well @1/15s

So now I'm waiting what pentax/ricoh will do :) With sigma 18-35 FF is not so tempting as it was :)

From last trip. Bolivia, desert, lake, 6 AM.
Pentax K5 with M 135 f2.5 full open or 4.
Post in LR -> Analog efex pro 2 (in my opinion do magic with raw data:) -> export with Morgify plugin for outborder