The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IN *love* with Pentax DA 21mm Limted pancake....

raist3d

Wow this lens is sharp sharp sharp... what a pleasant surprise. I think even sharper maybe than the DA70 or maybe the DA70 being a focal longer length wants a tripod and better focus.. either way, check the snaps....

This one looks with some "spots" but ignore them, that's just a dirty windshield. So this is the whole image and then a 100% crop below:

you can almost read the license plates to the pixel. Wow. And the color/tonality is great (again if something looks a tad washed out there, it's the windshield, not the lens):

I must take some photographs when vacation hits on Friday!

- Raist

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Really great, I think this will be one of m next lenses

Great to see you have fun

Peter

Paratom

the 21 +35 or 21 +70 make a great walkaround kit.
from the lenses I own so far (15,21,35,70,50-135)the 21 and 35 are the ones I have brought most often so far.

Godfrey

The 21 + 43 Limiteds were virtually all I used the entire last year I was shooting with Pentax equipment. My favorites. :)

P

photogerald

I have been eyeing the 21 as it's a FL I would use a lot, but I have hesitated due to the measured distortion in reviews. Does the distortion bother you?

raist3d

I have been eyeing the 21 as it's a FL I would use a lot, but I have hesitated due to the measured distortion in reviews. Does the distortion bother you?
Did you see me mentioning any distortion at all? :) That's how much it bothers me :)

- Raist