The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DA 21 + DA 70...

JMaher

Great photo, but what is:

(out of camera, converted using slide film reversal simulation)??

Jim

raist3d

Great photo, but what is:

(out of camera, converted using slide film reversal simulation)??

Jim
It means converted to JPEG or TIFF, using the "slide film reversal" color / profile of the K-5. It's simulating slide film.

- Raist

wyip

Nice, these are two lenses I'd get if I were to pick up a K-5 now. Both shots are great... got any more? Is the first one at Octavia in SF?

raist3d

Nice, these are two lenses I'd get if I were to pick up a K-5 now. Both shots are great... got any more? Is the first one at Octavia in SF?
Thanks and correcto. Octavia in SF it is :) Hayes Valley.

I have been posting some. Need to take some more. Here:

- Raist

Pelao

Uh-oh.
I should not have looked.
The lenses are clearly superb. The camera too.
The images have a texture and quality I value. I have been onnthe fence about a K5 with some primes. You are pushing me...

Thanks for sharing. I think.

raist3d

Hello Armanius, sorry for the delay, been very busy. The slide film profile should be the one between bleach bypass and black and white I I remember correctly ( don't have the camera with me at the moment ). Maybe it goes by the name of "chrome" also?

Armanius

Thanks Ricardo.

Between the bleach bypass and the b&W, it's a profile called "reversal film." Could that be it? I probably don't know enough about film, but slide film is supposed to provide punchier colors than the standard print film right?

Thanks again and hope you are getting a well deserved break now!

m3photo

Re: Film

I probably don't know enough about film, but slide film is supposed to provide punchier colors than the standard print film right?
I never thought I'd one day live to see a sentence like this ;)
Man, I must be getting old ...

raist3d

Thanks Ricardo.

Between the bleach bypass and the b&W, it's a profile called "reversal film." Could that be it? I probably don't know enough about film, but slide film is
supposed to provide punchier colors than the standard print film right?
Yes, that's the one! I missed that, should have checked with my camera. I haven't shot much film either but have read about it and have one in my film camera (medium format, first time). Yes, slide film gives more contrast, less DR (exposes for highlights, like regular digital cameras). Allegedly it has finer grain (i.e. more detail/sharper).

What I found is on the Pentax this emulation gives colors a punch while having rich darks and not the usual "happy colors" the default "Brighter" mode gives. For shots that I want more DR and not so bright colors I use natural, and for more color but a bit more dr I use vivid. I avoid the bright default like the plague. Not quite happy with it.

Thanks again and hope you are getting a well deserved break now!
Hah! I wish! :)

- Ricardo