The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

K5 - I love my New Camera...BUT

Sapphie

Dear Jim

I am new to this forum but already feel a sense of belonging here and I do wish you a speedy recovery too.

Lee

P

photogerald

What's even more of a shame is that a light kit would have proved invaluable over the next few months. The morning after my last post to this forum I went in to the hospital for a routine heart catheterization test and was unexpectedly rushed into priority open heart surgery and a triple bypass. Thanks to modern medicine I am already recovering at home but will have limitations on my ability to carry anything heavy for a number of months. On the very positive side I will probably have the ability to carry gear for a good number of years to come.
Jim, I've not been around much recently, but I also hope that you are making a speedy recovery. That was quite scary to read, but it's an amazing example of what is possible with modern medicine. All the best, and I hope you will let us know how you are doing when you're able to.

JMaher

Thanks - I am doing great but still restricted to picking up more than 5 pounds for another month or two. No large lenses for me :).

Jim