The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pentax K5 AF

Sapphie

Lee,
I wondered about the SR too, but havent tried without yet.
I also wondered if the smaller size and weight of the K5 an lenses compared to a D700 (thats my reference of focus accurancy) might be more prone to shake.
Some images which are only slightly soft its hard to seperate if it is inaccurate focus, shake, noise reduction/ noise, soft lens or something else.
Tom

My thinking was that if it isn't SR per se that is causing blur it could be my technique. I tend to focus with central AF, keep shutter half way down - by which time SR has 'stabilized' (what does that actually mean) and I recompose, dither a bit trying to watch the view for being steady (an old habit I can't break), which still has the shutter half pressed and then shoot.

I am going to disengage AF from the shutter release and do the focusing via the AF button on the back. Then I'll just trip the shutter quite quickly when I am ready, just after SR comes on. I will also try it without SR.

It may be nothing to do with this of course!

Lee

Paratom

Tom

My thinking was that if it isn't SR per se that is causing blur it could be my technique. I tend to focus with central AF, keep shutter half way down - by which time SR has 'stabilized' (what does that actually mean) and I recompose, dither a bit trying to watch the view for being steady (an old habit I can't break), which still has the shutter half pressed and then shoot.

I am going to disengage AF from the shutter release and do the focusing via the AF button on the back. Then I'll just trip the shutter quite quickly when I am ready, just after SR comes on. I will also try it without SR.

It may be nothing to do with this of course!

Lee
My technique is most of the times to actiate focus with the focus buttom in the back, having focus on afc, focus and the press the shutter button.

I would need to check my lenses since I got a new body and eventually do fine adjust.
I also have shot more with the S2 lately so it might also be the case that I am used to so sharp images that the K5 ones look not sharp to me any more.
I first need to find out whats going on since now I am speculating a lot.
The problem is time.