The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

K-5 firmware 1.03 fixes low-light AF issues!

raist3d

It's fixed. I need to do more testing but obvious FF shots I am not getting anymore at all. Pentax, good job. I am sure there will still be situations like all AF systems where it may fail so I will still try to continue my MF only training, but I will also try to check how reliable it is but so far, so very good.

- Raist

vincechu

great news, hope this means we'll see more people signing up and participating in the K5 image thread, its getting rather quiet and lonely there :(

EDIT:

Just installed firmware 1.03, though I didnt notice much, if any, FF with my K5. In the past I felt the AF on my K5 and 31ltd wasn't as fast as my old G1 and 20mm, which is strange as its CDAF vs PDAF, but now the Pentax feels much faster. Overall I feel it locks on focus much quicker and decisively, both phase detect and contrast detect AF, tho the CDAF is still slower than my old G1 for sure.

Last edited:
P

photogerald

great news, hope this means we'll see more people signing up and participating in the K5 image thread, its getting rather quiet and lonely there :(

EDIT:

Just installed firmware 1.03, though I didnt notice much, if any, FF with my K5. In the past I felt the AF on my K5 and 31ltd wasn't as fast as my old G1 and 20mm, which is strange as its CDAF vs PDAF, but now the Pentax feels much faster. Overall I feel it locks on focus much quicker and decisively, both phase detect and contrast detect AF, tho the CDAF is still slower than my old G1 for sure.
I'm glad to hear that the new firmware is working well!

As for myself, I still plan on getting the K-5 but as I have no photo trips planned in the near future I'm not in a rush. :)