The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Along the backyard fence with Pentax lenses

benroy

Subscriber Member
The first of a series of images taken along my backyard fence with Pentax DA lenses: first: 40 Pancake DA:

I'm a 24/7 caregiver, so my movements are limited to my immediate area...hence the backyard fence. I have 4 DA lenses for a newly acquired K-5: 35 Macro, 40 Pancake, 70 DA, and a 50-135/2.8 zoom...and I'd like to share some of the fine results I've been getting with these lenses.

Roy Benson

Last edited:

benroy

Subscriber Member
Pic #4: 70/2.4 DA Limited...BTW: all pics taken with the K-5.

Roy Benson

Last edited:

benroy

Subscriber Member
Thanks for the kind comments on the 70 DA...here's a couple taken with the 70 DA in the early morning dew today...only regret: would like to get closer focus.

Roy Benson

Last edited:

scho

Thanks for the kind comments on the 70 DA...here's a couple taken with the 70 DA in the early morning dew today...only regret: would like to get closer focus.

Roy Benson
Good color and nice texture in the mailbox shot.

benroy

Subscriber Member
Thanks, Carl, for the mailbox comments. Here are some 50-135/2.8 shots.(K-5 with ISO of 400, shutter speed of 400) Really sharp lens...excellent at rendering texture.

Roy Benson

Last edited:

scho

Thanks, Carl, for the mailbox comments. Here are some 50-135/2.8 shots.(K-5 with ISO of 400, shutter speed of 400) Really sharp lens...excellent at rendering texture.

Roy Benson
That 50-135 does indeed render nice sharp images with lots of detail.

benroy

Subscriber Member
Thanks, Jono. I have enjoyed your K-5 images and appreciate the help you gave me when I was struggling with the A900...are you still using yours?

Roy Benson

benroy

Subscriber Member
Thanks, Jono. I have enjoyed your K-5 images and appreciate the help you gave me when I was struggling with the A900...are you still using yours?

I'm very lucky...the other side of my backyard fence is the garden of the Boca Raton Garden Club...everything is in bloom here in South Florida, along with prodigious amounts of pollen!

Roy Benson

benroy

Subscriber Member
Last of the set...K-5 with 40 Pancake...very sharp little lens.

Best wishes to all...hope these pics provided some viewing pleasure and a sharing of how really fine these lenses are. Thanks for all the supportive comments...they are appreciated.

Roy Benson

Last edited:

jonoslack

Hi Roy
Lovely summer shots (it's wet and grey again here brrrrr). I really really like the shot up into the trees with the 40 pancake - really excellent.

My A900 is currently having a well deserved rest in the camera cabinet in the office. The Pentax is getting much more use right now, but I'm not quite ready to do the full shift.

benroy

Subscriber Member
Thanks again, Jono, for the kind words. I find, and I'm sure you have as well, that certain lenses have an affinity for specific subject matter. I've found the 40 Pancake to render trees (bark, leaves, foliage) with a dimensionality and resolution superior to other lenses that I have used on the same trees...might be just the time of day, or the photographer...but look at the detail in the bark and leaves in these pics...very pleasing (almost 3D) dimension to them.

Roy Benson

Last edited:

benroy

Subscriber Member
The garden side of the backyard fence. 2nd day of testing with K-5, Sigma 70/2.8 Macro. Marvelous lens!

Roy Benson

Last edited:

benroy

Subscriber Member
These winding, curving tendrils insinuate themselves along the fence boards and into the spaces between the fence boards. They have extensions with grippers at the end...first two pics taken with 35/2.8 Macro, second 3 with the Sigma 2.8 Macro.

Roy Benson

Last edited:

ashwinrao1

RAoy, what a cool series. I love the theme and the hints of a greater composition told through the small details!