The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Using K5 Stills in a video

I meant to post this here after posting in the MFT forum but forgot about it. Some of you Pentax owners who never have a reason to visit the MFT forum may find it interesting.

I recently put together a video of still photography using the K5 and the GF1. The photos are of various tombs in several of the graveyards in New Orleans. It's about a 50/50 mix of K5 and GF1 shots... all of the opening shots are with the K5. The lens used was the 18-135mm.

Forgive me if you have already seen this via the Micro Four Thirds forum.. just wanted to share with the Pentax forum as well. I'm not a big video person but I do find that stills, with a sound track, can be quite good.

One final note.. this was my first video attempt ever and I used Windows Live Movie Maker to do put it together.. I know it could be much better but it was another one of those experiments I like to indulge in every now and then.

http://vimeo.com/21213712

Jim,
Nicely done! It presents beautifully.
Godfrey, thanks. It does add a different dimension to the stills.

By the way, thinking about booking flight and hotel for Fleet Week in October. If everything works out maybe we can meet somewhere after all these years.

Godfrey

Godfrey, thanks. It does add a different dimension to the stills.

By the way, thinking about booking flight and hotel for Fleet Week in October. If everything works out maybe we can meet somewhere after all these years.
That would be great. Keep me informed on your travel. :)

Diane B

Enjoyed it Jim. Considering a non-photographic trip (though my husband says there's no such thing LOL) to area in maybe late October so going to look for the cemeteries. I might have my GH2 by then LOL.

Diane

Enjoyed it Jim. Considering a non-photographic trip (though my husband says there's no such thing LOL) to area in maybe late October so going to look for the cemeteries. I might have my GH2 by then LOL.

Diane
Your husband is right... We (husbands) are not always clueless male drones.

New Orleans is a photographers paradise... so much to photograph and you will find cemeteries everywhere. The photos I took were in St. Louis 1&2 and I can not remember the name of the other two...

Try early morning light and it's even better if there is cloud cover for really moody stuff in B&W. You will love New Orleans.. but watch out for the heat and humidity in the summer.. it can really beat you down.

iiiNelson

Don't forget the jazz music, history, and tasty seafood in New Orleans. Oh and make sure there isn't a large event or conference. The city isn't design to handle that many people comfortably. Of course I haven't been post Katrina but my best friend lives in the surrounding areas.