The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with old non-Pentax/Asahi manual glass

emr

What are your favorite old non-Pentax manual lenses for Pentax DSLRs? I'm not much of a MF user myself, but during the last years I've bought some cheap ones just for fun. This first attached picture was taken with old Russian glass, the Helios 44K (K mount, not M42 like most) and the K200D that I had last year. Not so bad stopped down. Amongst my other MF lenses is a well thought-of Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm (Komine) zoom, but being such a heavy pump zoom, it's not very practical. The second picture including a shy somewhat bigger mammal just a few hundred meters from our house was taken with the Vivitar and my K20D. Did not quite succeed with focusing quickly.

benroy

Subscriber Member
This ought to be a very interesting thread...thanks for bringing it up...maybe someone will be providing information about adapters for these old timers to the K-5.

Roy Benson