The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DA *50-135 Pentax Lens thread here....

DavidL

Nothing explains the purple haze.

I'm now having dreadful thoughts about this lens - please can someone save me?
Sorry Jono it's a good one. It's a fixed length, like the Nikon 70-200, but obviously much smaller and unlike the Olympus trombone. The focus isn't anywhere near as fast as Nikon's. I picked mine up locally second hand.
I'm currently using it for panoramas at 50mm. As usual lazy hand held or resting on a nearby object.
First Lens I got for your K5 as I needed one for my portrait work.
Cheers
David

Last edited:

raist3d

More stuff from the last hour or two. These have some cropping and some a contrast/recovery adjust. I must say I am absolutely stunned that the K-5 captures highlight and shadow to the point I can recover in practical terms whatever I want *with* quality. I was more snapping around with the new lens to again get a better feel for it. Some shots at F2.8, F4.0, F5.6 and F8.

This one is more of a snap but at F2.8 and even full size the detail on the phone/hair close to it is actually surprisingly sharp. So the lens can do it, at least in the center :)

- Raist

ecsh

This lens really has strange bokeh when it comes to overhead wires, such as in shot 2,3 4.
Joe

raist3d

Actually that bokeh on those wires don't bother me but I do agree with you this lens has a bit strange bokeh. With distant objects like that I find it ok. Check out my other thread with "examining the DA * 50-135mm" to see what I mean.

- Raist