The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

AF troubles with 18-135

Armanius

Has anyone encountered AF problems with the 18-135? I'm in the Vegas airport now with very good lighting. The lens AF perfectly at 18 and 135. In between the widest and longest, it refuses to AF from time to time. Haven't totally pin pointed the situation in which it refuses to AF. I know for sure that it only occurs between the widest and longest focal lengths. And perhaps while the focus point is on glass surfaces.

If I use contrast detect in live view, I don't have any problems.

Anyone encounter this situation with their 18-135? I put the FA35 on my K5, and don't have any problems at all.

Help!!

Thanks.

DavidL

If it's new and you ain't happy send it back. My modus operandi these days.
Especially as a couple have people above aren't having similar issues.
David

Armanius

Lee-

The lens just refuses to auto focus. It's not that the auto focus is off.

Definitely returning the lens.

Armanius

FYI, I returned it. Too much of a hassle trying to get it fixed. So weird that I couldn't AF sometimes unless the lens was at 18mm or 135mm. Anything in between would not auto focus.

Knorp

FYI, I returned it. Too much of a hassle trying to get it fixed. So weird that I couldn't AF sometimes unless the lens was at 18mm or 135mm. Anything in between would not auto focus.
I'm sorry about your lens not working properly.
Will you replace it with another 18-135 ?

Kind regards.