The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with DA*16-50 [for as long as it last]

Knorp

We were very lucky with the weather today.
Despite the gloomy forecast and rain in the morning, the afternoon turned out to be glorious.
I'd say a pretty fair day, although a bit windy and came across this flock of sheep in the dunes near Bergen.

Last edited:

benroy

Subscriber Member
Thanks for the mutton amongst the heather shots, Bart. One muttonian has blue paint on its backside...the one in the foreground has a yellow backside...reason?

Roy Benson

Knorp

Thanks for the mutton amongst the heather shots, Bart. One muttonian has blue paint on its backside...the one in the foreground has a yellow backside...reason?

Roy Benson
Hey Roy,

well the marking is for different reasons: keeping track of ownership or which ewe have been bred by which ram, et cetera.
Try a bit of googling ... :lecture:

Best regards.

Knorp

Images from the street organ festival at the Amsterdam Dam Square.
I'll post detail shots later.

One of the local churches conducts a fund raiser every year in September by bringing in a small carnival with rides and games for the community. I took the K5 and DA* 16-50 with me and walked around looking for something to shoot.. came away with only this one shot.. it was just too crowded.. but if I get one keeper, I'm happy.

I wondered which would serve it best, color or B&W. Thought I would share both with you.

ashwinrao1

Lovely, Jim....they sky is threatening and contrasts well with the image...feels like I am there...

B&W works better for me...

Knorp

Found another heather shot with a more interesting sky (I think), still it's a bit dull I'm afraid.