The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Think I have a Limited future with Pentax

DavidL

These lenses are so sweet, I even took the grip off. OK they have their foibles, as in rotating while they AF, slow compared with the Nikons I was used to. Now need to get out and use them:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Knorp

These lenses are so sweet, I even took the grip off. OK they have their foibles, as in rotating while they AF, slow compared with the Nikons I was used to. Now need to get out and use them:rolleyes:
Hahaha you're right, for the limiteds no need for the grip.
Certainly they are sweet and that's why I couldn't resist the FA77 in chrome.
As for primes in general, I have another tool.
No my K5 is for zooms, tele-lenses and perhaps macro. All WR of course !

Kind regards.

rparmar

I have about 1500 images on my Flickr stream shot with either the FA43 or FA77, but here is one selected at hazard. FA43 this time. My favourite lens, though the FA77 has more utility.

pug

Godfrey

The smc Pentax-FA 43mm f/1.9 Limited is one of the best lenses ever made. The smc Pentax-FA 77mm f/1.8 is a darn close second.

Go for it... ;-)

DavidL

Picked up a 40mm f2.8 while up North, from Mathers of Lancashire. seemed a snip at £269. Although just noticed Warehouse Express have them in stock for £264.99
So I'm even more limited now;)
the 50-135 f2.8 looks so big these days it may have to go.
David

jonoslack

Picked up a 40mm f2.8 while up North, from Mathers of Lancashire. seemed a snip at £269. Although just noticed Warehouse Express have them in stock for £264.99
So I'm even more limited now;)
the 50-135 f2.8 looks so big these days it may have to go.
David
Oh David - you wasted a fiver :eek:
I'm really sorry, and very sympathetic.
:p

DavidL

Oh David - you wasted a fiver :eek:
I'm really sorry, and very sympathetic.
:p
Thanks for your concern:thumbup: but I was up that way visiting my son and it's nice to visit a camera shop now and again;) So the transport cost was absorbed in my 1000 mile plus round trip visiting children, grandchildren and friends. Managed to pick up a cold, or is it man flu:rolleyes: as well as the lens on route:thumbdown: It must be a going north thing. Devon had some much needed rain while I was away. Saw you had a bit, from your recent submission. here your officially a drought zone already:eek:
Dave

DavidL

Hi David

So which lenses do you have now? I assume still enjoying the K5 then?

Lee
Hi Lee
21,40,70 Limited's plus 50-135 f2.8. Would love something like a 135mm or 150mm f2.8 or even f4 Limited.
Still enjoying it, good job really as it's currently all I have, except LX3 whose use is more and more done by my mobile phone.

David

Sapphie

David

Sounds like a good set. I am drawn to the 70 for some reason, for middle distance detail in landscapes ...

Lee