The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sensor cleaning….

raist3d

Well I just pent a few hours with my K-5 and the LensPen SensorKlear… probably because I just normally don't do this at all, didn't realize that the Y axis on the image and sensor are flipped until later and my LensPen isn't brand new- I have used it to clean some small lenses so that probably didn't help.

MY GOD what a task. Hope that I didn't scratch it or anything (doesn't seem like it, I get a hunch its not that easy to scratch the surface as one may think, but still). After a few hours I finally was able to clean it except for a very tiny faded out spot that shows at F11 and super dim.

I decided that point, well that was good enough.

I really think Pentax has probably evolved their anti-duster to the point it's somewhat useful, but Olympus is still the gold standard. That said I did find dust in my 620 when I did the small aperture test, it just normally doesn't show up. On my E-3 also (when I had it and did the test). So it works good aided probably by how normally not shooting in 4/3rds are closed apertures tends to also hide it.

- Raist

rparmar

Pentax anti-dust shaking works very well in my experience... I change lenses several times a day and clean my sensor every few months.

But when I do I use the Arctic Butterfly which makes this job a piece of cake. Highly recommended but just buy their cheapest version. All the rest is window dressing.

raist3d

Well to Pentax's credit, I started to have some dust bunnies just recently.. it's been umm like 6 month of heavy dual-prime changing… in different conditions so yeah.

- Raist