The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Macros

Knorp

Here's an unknown species (to me) of bee. The flower is 3 cm in diameter, which means the bee is about 5mm in length.
Tom

PS great frog Jim
I love it, Tom: the colours, the bee (hover-fly, thank you Jono), the rain drops, the lot :thumbup:

Kind regards.

benroy

Subscriber Member
I think this thread will always be recognized as Jim's "green frog thread"...and rightly so. I can't honor Bart's request for bugs, etc. Will thorny, prickly stuff suffice? Just something to keep this thread going.
Used 100 macro WR on K-5.

Roy Benson

Last edited:

Knorp

I think this thread will always be recognized as Jim's "green frog thread"...and rightly so. I can't honor Bart's request for bugs, etc. Will thorny, prickly stuff suffice? Just something to keep this thread going.
Used 100 macro WR on K-5.

Roy Benson
All pretty 'sharp' stuff, Roy.

Kind regards.

MalcolmP

Hi Bart,
Fantastic macro images.
I see why Roy said it was one of the best macro lenses ever!
That and the talent behind it, looks like a great combination!
Regards
Malcolm

benroy

Subscriber Member
Bart: the first of the poppy shots (of the second set) goes into my scrapbook of all-time classic images...that's really a beautiful image! And the closer you look, the more you see.
Great photographer with a marvelous lens...

Roy Benson

Knorp

Roy, Malcom: thanks guys for your encouraging words.
The following images were shot under windy conditions.
But I felt quite lucky a handful were more or less in focus.

Thanks for viewing.

neilvan

Lots of great photos here!

@ Knorp, the backlit 'droopy' poppy is wonderful!

Just came across these dragonflies today while out for a walk in the dark, cloudy/rainy weather we are having...can't wait for better weather!