The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pentax m4/3ds maybe

DavidL

http://www.mu-43.com/f92/pentax-competition-micro-4-3-coming-june-23-a-13241/#post118348
Got this from Amin's site

Here's google translation. I fear we need a real Bable fish in our ears:confused:
Japan Standard Time, June 23 (Thursday) held a press conference from 13:00 HOYA is "Digital SLR camera world's smallest interchangeable lens" for and released.
110 What is not known which is digital.

Credibility because the information you provide for the first time I do not know, the new Pentax equipment (mirror-less machine?) Announced previously, the information you tell the readers of other than July and was faster then, because it is also a rumor abroad in June and the announcement of June 23, feels like a good time and the rumors so far.

Pentax's new machine, "there are two kinds of systems," "One would not the mirror-less single-lens reflex," "Sensor 1/2.33 inches (one for APS-C?) To adopt" such as Although many rumors floating around, because there is no definitive information yet, interesting or just come out with what specs. That the world's smallest and lightest, I would not be smaller than the Panasonic GF3.

emr

I think it would be great if Pentax joined the µ4/3 crowd. They could make a weather resistant body and 2-3 good WR lenses and the customers wanting other kinds of lenses or accessories could turn to the other brands.

Unfortunately it does not seem to be happening. The ever increasing rumors tell about one camera system with a fly dropping sized sensor and changable lenses (a silly idea IMO, who wants a P&S camera with many lenses?) and somewhat later another system with an APS-C sensor (more interesting but IMO needs to have a proper K mount support of some sort to be viable). So it looks like no µ4/3, even if Pentax talks about a "digital 110" system and the 110 film is almost exactly of µ4/3 sensor size. Go figure.