The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Oh Yeah, I'm a convert !

Knorp

Victor's post (gogopix) in another thread (tele lenses) about his converted Telyt-R 1:6.8/400mm made me think and after some thought I ordered the R-to-K mount from Leitax.
Though swapping the mount went quite smooth, there were a few things for consideration, this is what I sent to Leitax:

1. The aperture ring got a very lose fit after the conversion, because there is too much play between the lens housing and the mount (bayonet).
Basically it 'rattles' so to speak.
2. More concerning is that in particular the long screws don't get enough thread windings.
It is as if they're just too short now, which could mean that the holes in the mount are not deep enough.
To some extent this is true for the short screws as well.

Of course it could be just this particular mount for this particular lens, but all-in-all I'm quite pleased with the result :D

Pentax K5 + Leitax mount + Leica APO-Macro-Elmarit-R 1:2.8/100mm

Kind regards.

benroy

Subscriber Member
Bart: one of the truly great macro lenses...are there some pics forthcoming? Oops...found them on the macro thread...great images!

Roy Benson

Last edited: