The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

K5 firmware update v1.10 now available

Knorp

Oops, thought the K5 Limited Silver was still on v1.03 ... but hey there is a v1.10 too !

emr

Well, I just upgraded my Silver to 1.10. I'm actually not sure which FW version it was since I downloaded it from a direct link before seeing from the download website that the silver's listed separately. However, the file checksum from the FW I used and the silver one seem identical.

And what's new? A GPS menu item. But since the Japanese Pentax site does not yet list v. 1.10, I wonder if it's still not officially released. But obviously the new GPS gadget needs this new FW.

Screen captures (not by me) can be seen on PF:

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-5-forum/148843-pentax-k-5-v1-10-firmware.html

raist3d

I'll do it tonight when I get home....

I am sure it will also make coffee taste better and make me sleep a bit better too thinking that some how there's more to it.

But if I don't see my camera GPS enabled with tracking by tomorrow morning I will be sorely disappointed. (hehe).

- Raist

Knorp

Re: I'll do it tonight when I get home....

I am sure it will also make coffee taste better and make me sleep a bit better too thinking that some how there's more to it.

But if I don't see my camera GPS enabled with tracking by tomorrow morning I will be sorely disappointed. (hehe).

- Raist
:D :D :D

Somehow I can see the fun of having a GPS enabled camera (I suppose :eek:).
As an internal device: yes, but as an hot-shoe add-on: rather not !