The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

(K-5) 50-135mm & 21mm Limited, Gay Pride SF 2011

raist3d

So a friend of mine told me that I should challenge myself and use that 21mm Limited for more closer street life. I tried that today and more than that zone focused. It was interesting.

First some shots with the 50-135.

Used Dxo6.6 (trial) to convert them. Some shots I converted as if it was an Olympus E-3 color profiled camera, as selectable in their app.

Olympus profile:

Sorry guys, she's taken… I think by her girlfriend :)

--
Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- "You are taking life too seriously if it bugs you in some way that a guy quotes himself in the .sig quote" - Ricardo

raist3d

Re: (K-5) DA 21mm Limited Gay Pride SF 2011

These are the ones where I tried to use the 21mm to take shots of people, including blind zone focused shots.

Posed:

Zone focused to about 2 feet, walk and shoot:

She saw me and I pressed in, and took the shot. She was a bit startled at first but she smiled as she realize just a shot. But you can still see the aprehension:

Probably one of my best "shot it blind" shots I took composition/spot on focus wise:

Talked to him:

More drive by shooting (all below, no view finder, no LCD)

I know, she looks dead, no glimmer in the eyes:

Like this one:

A bit cropped but I love that determination:

I think spot on:

--
Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- "You are taking life too seriously if it bugs you in some way that a guy quotes himself in the .sig quote" - Ricardo

benroy

Subscriber Member
I don't know where to start...I loved all of them...great color...wonderful faces.

Roy Benson

benroy

Subscriber Member
Raist: you weren't posing these people in the studio..you grabbed them on the street. I think, under those conditions, you did great...the first pic (kid with glass ball), the guy with the beard, the kid with the spiked hairdo...really good stuff, IMO!

Roy Benson

Terry

Hi Ricardo,
These look good.
I'm going to shoot at the parade in the AM. I usually go to the staging area right around my apartment. I could challenge myself with just the X100 but I think I'm going to go for the new G3 and see how I do.

So much going in in San Francisco all weekend.

raist3d

Hi Ricardo,
These look good.
I'm going to shoot at the parade in the AM. I usually go to the staging area right around my apartment. I could challenge myself with just the X100 but I think I'm going to go for the new G3 and see how I do.

So much going in in San Francisco all weekend.
Yes, you should challenge yourself at least sometime and use the X100 you bought! That's what it's for! :) And we already know it does fantastic and just got a wonderful firmware update. It's probably the first time Fuji makes such a substantial update. I am glad they are listening!

I can understand trying the new G3 "toy" though. Didn't know you just got it :)

- Raist

raist3d

Raist: you weren't posing these people in the studio..you grabbed them on the street. I think, under those conditions, you did great...the first pic (kid with glass ball), the guy with the beard, the kid with the spiked hairdo...really good stuff, IMO!

Roy Benson
Well true. And it wasn't overcast but like mid noon harsh I guess. Man, if I could have had that old woman with eye catch lights…

- Raist