The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fireworks Photos - Showem here

I don't enjoy lugging a tripod around so these fireworks shots will look a bit different. They were shot handheld with the Pentax K5 and the 43 Ltd at f/4 1/20 ISO 12000 to 32000. The only post work done on these was to crop them. The star effect is striclty the characteristic of the 43 Ltd. No filters were used.

This was the view from my font yard last night around 9:45pm. The town park, where the fireworks are launched, is just down the road. It's not unusual for cities in Texas to conduct their fireworks displays on July 3.

tsjanik

Very nice Jim. I must say, I usually don't enjoy fireworks shots. The exposure time is too long, yours are short enough that the patterns are fascinating. K5 is quite a camera.

Tom

Very nice Jim. I must say, I usually don't enjoy fireworks shots. The exposure time is too long, yours are short enough that the patterns are fascinating. K5 is quite a camera.

Tom
Thanks, Tom.. I almost didn't take the camera outside with me but gave in to the opportunity to test the 43 Ltd with fireworks.

The long exposure stuff can be fun as well as boring since we've all seen so much of it but the shorter exposures allow you to look at the explosions and patterns in a slightly different way.

VladimirYo

Just Wow!:bugeyes:

Cool images. What kind of PP did you do? De-noise in LR3?

What do you think about FA 43. Thay sad it is great but not simple lens sometimes with 3d-effect. Personally I don't get it =)

Just Wow!:bugeyes:

Cool images. What kind of PP did you do? De-noise in LR3?

What do you think about FA 43. Thay sad it is great but not simple lens sometimes with 3d-effect. Personally I don't get it =)
No post work at all.. these were converted to JPG from DNG. I don't use Lightroom, just Photoshop CS5. I cropped and exported.. that's it. The "star" effect is a characteristic of the 43 Ltd.

Love the 43 Ltd. I use it a lot.