The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Black & White Work with the K5

Just back from my California trip and the first photo I wanted to work on was one of a an old boat that has been beached and rotting away for a number of years. I first saw and shot this boat last year in July but the light was bad and the sky not very exciting. Last year I shot it with the GH1.. this year I returned and shot it with the K5 and the DA*16-50.

benroy

Subscriber Member
Excellent BW image, Jim. I can see why you kept coming back to this wreck. 16-50 is an interesting (fun) lense, isn't it?

Roy Benson

Knorp

That's a fine image of this interesting subject and you're PP is top-notch as always, Jim.
How did you shoot it ? At 16 or (most likely) at 50 or something in between ?

Kind regards.

That's a fine image of this interesting subject and you're PP is top-notch as always, Jim.
How did you shoot it ? At 16 or (most likely) at 50 or something in between ?

Kind regards.
Thanks.. I would have to look at the EXIF.. can't remember... but I only used the 16-50 while I was out there..

Had one instance of mirror-flops when I put in a new battery.. fired off the flash several times and viewed a lot of images to drain the battery a bit.. mirror-flops went away. Hate to do it but I guess I am going to have to send the K5 in for repair. Hate being without it but I have no choice. :(

Knorp

Had one instance of mirror-flops when I put in a new battery.. fired off the flash several times and viewed a lot of images to drain the battery a bit.. mirror-flops went away. Hate to do it but I guess I am going to have to send the K5 in for repair. Hate being without it but I have no choice. :(
It really is too bad, but as long as Pentax confirms the problem and know how to resolve it, you can send in your K5 at your own convenience.
I'm sure it will be repaired to your satisfaction and hopefully turn-around time is not too long.
It's an annoyance of course, but in the meanwhile at least you can deal with the "over-loaded" batteries yourself.
Had my M9's sensor cover glass cracked right from day one, no work around there.

Kind regards.

tsjanik

Very nice Jim. It almost has an IR look.
I had my own problem with a K-5. It was on and simply stopped responding - even the off switch did nothing. I took out the battery and everything has been fine since; nevertheless a bit disconcerting.

Tom

Rich M

:OT: ....but my mirror was flopping when I was in South Africa. It just did it a few times it seemed. Lo and behold, I get back to internet connections and you have spearheaded a whole diagnosis. Brilliant.

I haven't shot it much in the last two weeks.

Question......does it get progressively worse and worse?

R

:OT: ....but my mirror was flopping when I was in South Africa. It just did it a few times it seemed. Lo and behold, I get back to internet connections and you have spearheaded a whole diagnosis. Brilliant.

I haven't shot it much in the last two weeks.

Question......does it get progressively worse and worse?

R
Hard to say.. mine only does it when a fully charged battery is installed in the camera and the flopping stops after the battery discharges a bit. I'm sending it in soon as it is driving me crazy.