The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Pentax DSLR coming mid october apparently...

raist3d

well the announcement. There's an invite of Pentax France for new announcement at Salon De La Foto + a silouhette teaser.

Happy to see the machine going, but if Pentax is going for the Sony A77 24 MP sensor.. I rather have them go for whatever is current/new 16 MP. I think 24 MP is a workflow clog, will require really superb lenses and I rather have cleaner high ISO.

- Raist

DavidL

I'm with you on pixel count. I'd like more and better defined af sites and a larger, faster clearing buffer

Knorp

Well I don't mind the MP as long as IQ is not compromised.
I'm hoping for more refined and accurate AF.

But I'm really wishing for killer zooms and improved QC in de lens department.

Kind regards.

benroy

Subscriber Member
Killer zooms in what range, Bart? 24-70, 70-200 would be useful and put Pentax into competition with Canon and Nikon.

Roy Benson

Knorp

Killer zooms in what range, Bart? 24-70, 70-200 would be useful and put Pentax into competition with Canon and Nikon.

Roy Benson
Well I'd like to see something like a WR 100-300 with good IQ all the way.
I'm not too impressed by 60-250 specs and while I have the FA77 and DA200 I rather prefer zooms for my dSLR.

Kind regards.

mediumcool

Roy Benson
Do you mean lenses equivalent to 24–70 and 70–200 focal lengths?

Otherwise it’s apples vs oranges between ‘full-frame’ (Nikon) and APS (Pentax) sensors.

raist3d

Well I don't mind the MP as long as IQ is not compromised.
I'm hoping for more refined and accurate AF.

But I'm really wishing for killer zooms and improved QC in de lens department.

Kind regards.
Well that's part of my point. I rather have them focus on AF performance, higher sensor to lens image quality. I think to me 24 MP would just eat a lot of ram in my computer and make raw conversions noticeably longer. I am fine at 16 MP. If they want they can weaken the AA filter further.

But I don't see getting a new K- right now, unless I have a job lined up and I need a backup.

- Raist

Bugleone

Oh not ANOTHER pentax dslr!!....where's the mirrorless system with 25mm square sensor and detachable LCD/remote controls and optical viewfinder option...??

.....Where's the moderate wide f2 that has taken 10 years,..even Sony NEX has one now!

raist3d

Oh not ANOTHER pentax dslr!!....where's the mirrorless system with 25mm square sensor and detachable LCD/remote controls and optical viewfinder option...??

.....Where's the moderate wide f2 that has taken 10 years,..even Sony NEX has one now!
Where's the Sony high quality pancake primes? :) Everyone has their own things.

- Raist