The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Problems with 200 FA* for K5...suggestions?

benroy

Subscriber Member
I have had no problems with the 200 until today. Sharp, AF focusing has been quick and smooth...until today. I have not used the lens for well over a month while going through a cycle with the 645D. This morning I took the lens out and found the AF hanging up...would focus to about 10 ft and then hang up...checked all the camera settings...went out again...same problem...AF would hang up. Manual focus is OK. I don't know if the AF-S switch is faulty on the camera or the AF switch on the lens is the problem...any suggestions?

Roy Benson

Knorp

Hey Roy,

I'm sorry about the trouble you have with the AF of the 200 (DA* ?).
Now I like asking stupid questions, so here we go:
- did you try re-attaching the lens ?
- did you try another lens ?

Kind regards.

benroy

Subscriber Member
Thanks, Bart. I've tried all of the above...even pulled the battery...other lenses work fine.

Roy Benson

D&A

Thanks, Bart. I've tried all of the above...even pulled the battery...other lenses work fine.

Roy Benson
Hi Roy,

I've shot Pentax for over 35 years. Might I suggest (just on the off-chance that this might solve your problem), to clean both the contacts on the lens as well as the camera body. ometimes isopropal alcohol on a Q-tip ehlps, sometimes a solid contact cleaner such as the tip of a pencil eraser. I would try both. Then of course re-mont the lens and see that happens. I've encontered what you decribed and each time it was oxidation on the contacts that could neither be seen nor removed with a number of cleaners. Let us know what happens.

Dave (D&A)