The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Q

raist3d

I guess a new thread was due. Though the original thread, Pentax Q trial starts, also has a lot of pictures at this point.

From today, street life on Xmas eve (not trying to capture Christmas spirit or anything), San Francisco:

- Raist

raist3d

Q in a nice light - I find it can do DLSR class imaging.

While that was converted from RAW, the JPEG is quite quite close to this. Just feeling too lazy to upload the raw back just to convert it and upload the jpeg.

- Raist

PS: The bokeh is the natural lens bokeh

retow

Some Q shots with the standard prime. It's a fun camera and starting to grow on me.

Last edited:

retow

Considering the small sensor, I like the output and the skin tone rendering. My daughter had fun as well.

Last edited:

etrigan63

Well the Pentax Q is joining the ranks of mirrorless cams that can accept other format lenses. Hawks Factory has two adapters out for the Q:

TV Bolex C-mount to Q
and
D-Mount to Q

I can see maybe an M or Contax G adapter coming but nothing else as it would look kind of ridiculous.

raist3d

For those still wondering about the little sensor- this snapshot (not photograph!) is an ISO 6400, 1/10th of a second, F1.9 aperture (bokeh is natural, not the bokeh control mode). Really bad light (flourescent) and very low.

Notice there is no banding. I know most m4/3rds cameras at this ISO probably would in a shot like this - not bashing m4/3rds- just putting the Q in perspective.

And I am posting it at 1600x1200 to not indulge in the postage-size-every-camera-looks-great size.

- Raist

PS: This snap is for the curious. Converted from DND-RAW in LightRoom.