The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pentax 645D now with tethering

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
I don't have any experience with this software. It looks like it is 3rd party not Pentax/Ricoh authored.

Tethering (in most applications) is far more than just taking a picture and having it arrive on the computer. Can you tell us anything about the speed, features, stability, and future support of this software?

It's currently listed as Beta. Does the company have a good track record of speedy development or a history of products that never leave beta?

I don't see any reference (including in the "news" post about 0.6.0) to the 645D other than on the thread of Q&A where someone asked in April 2011 when it would support the 645 and the programmer replied that he could only do so if someone with a 645D helped him. How did you learn it supported the 645?

I can't find any user manual (it's possible there is one accessible from the menu once you launch the program but as I am Mac only and I don't see a Mac version I can't look).

Edit: reading what I wrote these sound like accusations - I really do mean it that way; I have no experience with it and would like to hear more

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870 *| *Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off

emr

Doug, I don't use that software myself, but AFAIK it's by some capable hobbyist who's delivering for free what Pentax isn't delivering at all. So I don't think such a business approach is quite applicable.