The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

K5 Firmware version 1.11 is out

emr

??? FW 1.11 isn't new. Pentax UK had a non-functional link to version 1.12 for a while, but I guess they removed it or rerouted the link to 1.11.

EDIT: Sorry to express it so bluntly

Last edited:

Knorp

Indeed v1.11 is out for some time now and according to rumours v1.12 is about to be released soon.

Kind regards.

emr

What are the rumors saying about V1.12?
No rumors AFAIK, just idle speculation and guesses as usual. But I think a minor revision by number such as this (provided it wasn't a typo to begin with) is unlikely to bring anything else than maybe some bug fixes and such.

Knorp

source: http://www.pentaxforums.com/
Pentax K-5 Firmware v1.12
Expected within the coming days · Posted on 12-28-2011 in Pentax News
Pentax UK has recently published firmware version 1.12 for the Pentax K-5 on their web site, although the download link is not yet active.

We will post an update once the download link becomes active. At that point, we expect the Japanese Pentax website to be updated with the latest firmware version as well.

It is expected that this new firmware will contain stability fixes.
I won't hold my breath, though ... :watch:

Kind regards.

emr

Officially they're announcing only a stability fix w/ some GPS related bug removed. And as every time, users are seeing all kinds of other improvements as well. I don't know if any of these was ever really documented or seen by testing or is it just placebo effect.

But David, thanks for the tip. I already upgraded mine.

Last edited: