The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Is a Samsung GX-20 sort of, almost, a K20D?

mediumcool

I bought the Samsung about three years ago for a very good price, but it’s now gone to a new home, replaced by a K-5, better in many ways, but I still like the older camera a lot.

In February this year, I photographed the Festival Centre in Adelaide, and along the bank of the River Torrens; a very unreliable Kingston SD card died while on the shoot, so I went home disconsolate.

Fast-forward to a recent Mac software bundle offer and I am now a happy owner of Disk Drill Pro, which recovered over three hundred DNGs from the card. I have started to process the interesting shots, and here is one I prepared earlier.

Pentax 16–45 @ 16mm: 1/250 f9: iso200

Last edited:

Knorp

No idea how the GX20 and K20D match up, but I'm happy for you that you could recover your photos !
:thumbup:

Kind regards.

mediumcool

No idea how the GX20 and K20D match up, but I'm happy for you that you could recover your photos !
:thumbup:

Kind regards.
They are pretty much the same camera, but with different software—K20D; GX-20?

And the Disk Drill software is the best recovery package I have used. :D

Last edited:

Knorp

Well, I can see a line below your picture that reads: "you like this".
Guess it means I like it ... :D

Kind regards.

Knorp

It's a fine b/w conversion, nice shot too, but why is it almost Pentax like ?
Really not in a life time could I tell them apart !

Kind regards.

mediumcool

It's a fine b/w conversion, nice shot too, but why is it almost Pentax like?
Don’t worry—it’s just a joke! I can see in my mind’s eye somebody complaining about a Samsung being talked about here in a Pentax forum … :D