The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

K-30 anyone?

Elliot

I haven't seen any comments about the K-30 in this Pentax forum. Would anyone who owns one care to share their impressions and experiences?

Craftysnapper

Well after downloadning some sample K30 raw files and processing them plus the new low price of it I pressed the button on it today.

When it arrives and I get to use it I'll post some pics and give my thoughts.:)

andrewteee

Recently bought one with the 18-135mm "kit" lens, to serve as my kid-chasing, soccer dad, weather-resistant all-around camera. So far I like it a lot. It complements my Ricoh GXR and GRD4 perfectly, both of which serve more serious photographic purposes. The K30 is bigger for sure, but not that much bigger. Shooting primarily RAW but also working on optimizing JPG settings. I like the B&W conversions a lot too.

Elliot

Well after downloadning some sample K30 raw files and processing them plus the new low price of it I pressed the button on it today.

When it arrives and I get to use it I'll post some pics and give my thoughts.:)
Great, I look forward to hearing your reaction. I looked at your portfolio and wonder what you have been using recently as equipment and how the K30 fits into your plans. You have some extremely high quality material on Zenfolio.

Craftysnapper

Great, I look forward to hearing your reaction. I looked at your portfolio and wonder what you have been using recently as equipment and how the K30 fits into your plans. You have some extremely high quality material on Zenfolio.
Thank you for the complement Elliot. After film I dabbled with Canon then went with the Olympus E-system, now fourthirds DSLR's are all but dead aftersome thought I moved to Pentax for my DSLR system and I also run a Micro Four Thirds system as well. which seems to work for me.:)

I just started a Fun with K30 thread, hopfully others will add to it. :)

Last edited: