The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pentax K-5 II/IIs

mediumcool

I am committed to Pentax (K-5) and look forward to reviews of the AA filter-free version, based on my experience with my Leaf Aptus.

jonoslack

Well. I've just read about this in a Greek taverna having breakfast, and my immediate reaction is Hell Yes!
I can't think of anything more likely to drag me back to Pentax. The connection with Ricoh was the first step. Silas getting one was the second. This might be the last straw. I just wish that they could improve the QA on the DA* lenses.
Anyway. Greetings from Greece.
I'm off to the beach

Knorp

Well. I've just read about this in a Greek taverna having breakfast, and my immediate reaction is Hell Yes!
I can't think of anything more likely to drag me back to Pentax. The connection with Ricoh was the first step. Silas getting one was the second. This might be the last straw. I just wish that they could improve the QA on the DA* lenses.
I'm off to the beach
LOL - now don't tell me you're thinking of taking your OMDs to the Bay ... :shocked:

:watch:

But agreed, I'd love a K5-IIs too ...
All the best.

DavidL

Doesn't work for me I'm afraid. I've been selling my Pentax stuff off as I drifted into semi retirement, just kept the 15, 40 and 70 Limited's to keep Alamy submissions going. Thinking now is Nikon V1 as they accept the files and lenses are cheap and good enough. However, will await Photokina just in case the GH3 is cheap, but I know it won't be. So "Deep in my heart I know there's no escape" :banghead:
Will get Mr Dylans new Album and find some new words to quote:cool:
David

iiiNelson

I'm off to the beach
Jono, that was my thought exactly regarding the QA. I wanted to find every reason to give Pentax my money towards a K5 but I couldn't shake that unsettling feeling of questionable reliability out of the box on new products. This drove me to the A77 eventually (which I am very happy with no doubt) but I have no real need or desire for 24 megapixels in a cropped sensor personally. Hopefully Sony will announce a AA filterless model at Photokina but I'm not holding my breath... AT ALL.

Stefan Steib

I welcome Pentax´s move and I wonder when Canon and the others will follow. Put less in a camera and charge more - normally any acountant in those companies MUST love this, it´s so obvious and a leftover from old nonadvanced sensor days that was overdue to be cut anyway.

PENTAX - K-5 IIs

Greetings from Germany
Stefan

emr

Unless Pentax still has something in their sleeve for Photokina (no FF, but perhaps the rumored 24 mpix APS-C camera), frankly these products sound like they're just playing time. Improved AF over the K-5? Well, should've been this to begin with, except that it still only sports 11 AF points. The AA filterless model is vaguely interesting, but it remains to be seen if it rocks or not.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I'm off to the beach
But, but... you said you had settled for the OM-Dum dee dum... :loco: :ROTFL: :deadhorse:

Paratom

I welcome Pentax´s move and I wonder when Canon and the others will follow. Put less in a camera and charge more - normally any acountant in those companies MUST love this, it´s so obvious and a leftover from old nonadvanced sensor days that was overdue to be cut anyway.

PENTAX - K-5 IIs

Greetings from Germany
Stefan
Having used the original K5 and also "modern" sensor like the Nex7 I would prefer the old sensor in the K5 in regards to color and noise behavior any day.
When I sold the K5 the main reason for me was the AF which I found inconsistent.
IMO evolutionary improvements are sometimes more important than trying to present something totally new all the time.