The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

What's the word of K-5II/5IIs AF vs K-5?

raist3d

I am beginning to seriously consider a K-5II (maybe the s but not sure on that yet), mainly because of the AF fix- due to potential business reasons.

Certainly an expensive fix, but if that works, I consider the K-5 what it should have been. What I am most interested here is in AF accuracy- no major adjustments or the lenses or with them, that the AF consistently nails it- day light or lower light (moderate lower and mixed, tungsten and fluorescent light).

Anybody here has noticed a major difference? Jim if you are reading this, I understand you had mentioned it is much better. Now that you have more experience, do you find that holds?

Anyone else? I am looking for an objective assessment.

Thanks in advance.

- Ricardo

Just saw this... Yes.. I am much happier with the K5 IIs than the original K5. I do see better detail and moire has not raised its ugly head to date. I really feel it was worth the upgrade.

Hope to sell my original K5 soon, got a couple of nibbles on Craig's List already.. but they want me to "give it away"... not going to do that.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
No focus issues or lens adjustments for my K5 or K5lls (K5 purchased last July)

I have seen some moire on telegraph wires and small distant tree limbs, but only at high mag. The resolution of the lls is subjectively very special.

Keith

raist3d

Ok to be clear to both, I am trying to focus exclusively on the AF performance of K-5IIs over the K-5 (improvements), ignoring image quality advantages.

Thanks both and whoever else wants to pitch in.

- Ricardo