The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

K-5 AF seems improved with 1.14 firmware update

raist3d

I started to see a bit of an improvement but it's not until tonight I walked around at night a bit with my DA 70 Ltd prime. Hah, seems a bit improved indeed. I am surprised. Where it would have missed it seems to nail it and it starts missing it when the light goes real low, which I guess is where the K-5II/K-5IIs would still pick up.

Surprised. Need to check now that daylight is ok and check other lenses, but I even turned all lens calibration off.

- Raist

Knorp

Hi there Ricardo,

though I found little time to enjoy the new firmware, I thought I noticed too a slight improvement with the few shots I took.
But as it is early days, I'll stay skeptical until more proof surfaces.
Looking forward to your findings.

All the best.

raist3d

Yeah I need to experiment more and with different lenses. But there is one test I always did a d the camera virtually always failed - simply a shot of a metallic street sign like one of those "no parking during so and so hours". Twice I took that right in front and twice it nailed it. That never happened before. Again, need to test some more.

- Raist

raist3d

Well I tried a couple more shots in low light with the DA 40ltd and the FA 100WR... again, seems improved. Need to try daylight now and see what happens.

- Raist