The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Q7

raist3d

For a bit of a couple of weeks no Q7 as I have been sick and I also got a Ricoh GR which I didn't intend to get. Some thoughts on that later. Check out the "other camera" forum/Fun With Ricoh GR for posts.

- Ricardo

jsf

Good job Ricardo, looking forward to seeing you this spring. The new work is exciting. Joe

raist3d

Thanks Joe, I actually got about 5 shots I need to send you. I spent my Xmas 2 week vacation mostly sick with Flu unfortunately :-\. Please check out the other camera forum as I am also using a Ricoh GR I picked up about a month ago.

Go this shot today too. Other than cropping there's no real "post processing" in this shot. It is what I captured through a list of a hangar door, of a blue bottle coffee shop after it closed.

- Ricardo

PS: My cats are USA strays from a rescue.

raist3d

A bit of love for the Q7 after some Ricoh GR walk arounds...

Red stop abstract on a rainy day.

Waiting for the bus in a rainy day

- Ricardo

raist3d

VladimirYo told me he missed some of my Q7 work and wanted me to take some shots. It's been a while but here's some from today:

I am sure I can do better if I focus on it again... it was fun. My 06 is still unprepared. All these shots were with the 01 prime.

- Ricardo

VladimirYo

VladimirYo told me he missed some of my Q7 work and wanted me to take some shots. It's been a while but here's some from today:
I am sure I can do better if I focus on it again... it was fun. My 06 is still unprepared. All these shots were with the 01 prime.

- Ricardo
Thank you Ricardo very much =)
I hope your 06 at last will be OK.

Pentax Russia was very kind to give me test units Q7 and 01 for 2 weeks. :salute:
All I can tell you that Q7 is really pure fun, espeсially with digitals filters. The image quality of course not as good as SLR but it's not for that. Q7 made for peaple who just don't want to hold heavy big SLR. For peaple who think that content of the picture is more important than its quality, but still want to feel the feelings of SLR in hands.
Now its time for me to understand the better way to process images. LR 4.4 is OK?

raist3d

Thank you Ricardo very much =)
I hope your 06 at last will be OK.

Pentax Russia was very kind to give me test units Q7 and 01 for 2 weeks. :salute:
All I can tell you that Q7 is really pure fun, espeсially with digitals filters. The image quality of course not as good as SLR but it's not for that. Q7 made for peaple who just don't want to hold heavy big SLR. For peaple who think that content of the picture is more important than its quality, but still want to feel the feelings of SLR in hands.
Now its time for me to understand the better way to process images. LR 4.4 is OK?
LR 4.4 should be ok for B&W. For color I think there are more optimal paths if you want better color. The DXo FilmPack as a plug in to LR can help but you have to make sure you export 16-bit ProPhoto color space to it to maximize the data it can work with.

The latest LR should be a bit better but 4.4 should be ok.

I will say the Q has enough quality for a wide range of situations. My only beef since I like to do work at night, I want an F1.0 prime (broken record, I know :) ). Until then, I don't think I will be looking to the Q as my main camera.

I still like the Q and the fact you can carry a full system with lenses- wear it actually- with very little weight while having pro DLSR controls and options, including sophisticated in-camera raw development.

- Ricardo

VladimirYo

It was so fun to play with digital filters during shooting in Europe. We all have fun grab Q7 from each other to try our on version. B&W contrast with one color is the most. It's fun to look at something and understand the most color, the better digital filters to use. I start to see color, contrast.
Unfortunately it looks much better on a screen of camera not on PC )))