The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

What does a Pentax 645D sound like ??

raycox

I agree. I find the sound of the shutter to sound like "smooth precision," if there is such a thing. Of course my previous MF was a Bronica SQ, so everything sounds better!
I don't think that I have ever experienced the shutter shake, I worry more about senior citizen shake personally. I'm also "older than dirt"
Hand held at the proper shutter speeds is good. Tripod use takes a stable tripod and good technique. Not difficult and the results are very rewarding.
Have to say I have the 400 and either hand held or tripod, done correctly, outstanding image quality.

Thanks for that input, it is helpful.
Since camera shake and noise has been in the "news" lately, I wanted to ask as I continue to be interested in this camera.
Yeah, senior citizen shake is an issue. Sometimes I think a little more substantial camera like the 645D might actually help me hold it still.
Robert

D&A

I agree. I find the sound of the shutter to sound like "smooth precision," if there is such a thing. Of course my previous MF was a Bronica SQ, so everything sounds better!
I don't think that I have ever experienced the shutter shake, I worry more about senior citizen shake personally. I'm also "older than dirt"
Hand held at the proper shutter speeds is good. Tripod use takes a stable tripod and good technique. Not difficult and the results are very rewarding.
Have to say I have the 400 and either hand held or tripod, done correctly, outstanding image quality.
I both agree and can't add much to this. The 645D built quality sounds and feels very reassuring. It's like it was built from a solid block...nothing loose, nor rattles etc. One may feel the vibration of the shutter/mirror but it appears to be well dampened and rarely have I found the camera introduces shutter shake resulting in resolution robbing results. IT's nice when a product works as designed. Sure it has things that could use updating (like a faster processor speed and for those that want live view, focus peaking etc., apparently the new 645D II will address most of these.

Dave (D&A)