The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pentax Q 06 lens died on me today

raist3d

I was out, was about to use it and AF can no longer happen. It just won't. Thinking the contacts could use a cleaning, did that and nothing.

Weird thing- sometimes when I turn on the camera and try to auto focus the lens does a weird "Atari 2600" sound in a sequence- very low volume. I can only imagine this means something to Pentax Repair.

The lens as it is fly by wire manual focus, can't manual focus either. Bummer, I was planning to take some shots today.

Last good shot taken with it (see below). This is the perfect excuse to jump to another system but I Think I am going to repair it anyway. If the bill is to high, then I'll take that as a hint.

Last good shot taken with it:

- Ricardo