The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Oooops... full frame for Christmas

Paratom

I wonder if they will have lenses on the level of a high resolution FF camera.
For example, as wonderfull as the 31mm is it can shows some CA wide open on the DX-Pentax cameras. Is it up to 24/36 or even 50MP?
The 16-50 for the k5IIs has been less than a perfect lens with much sample variation. There are some very nice limited primes and the 20-40 also has been better, so I really hope Pentax will deliver in regards of the lenses.
Otherwise the nicest body doesnt help.

Tim

Not sure I could wait till Christmas. I'll use the A7 II I have.
I'll have a look when its out though. Its what a GAS affected gearhead does.

sagar

This is indeed a wonderful news!

We don't know the pixels, I really wish it uses 12/16M at most 24M Sony sensor. 12/16M sensor with FA limiteds could be a killer combo Weight will be more but if dimensions are anywhere near K5/3 size, it can make a great small FF kit near size of near size of Fujis XT1 or Sonys A7. With full power of DSLR and OVF, now that could be very attractive.

seakayaker

Some good things to come hopefully in 2016!

.....a full frame Pentax at an affordable price.

Already have the FA 31mm f/1.8; FA 77mm f/1.8; and the FA 100mm f/2.8 that I use with the K5IIs, so a full frame body would be nice!