The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Yes, I think I would be able to live with this lens

Knorp

This super-telephoto zoom lens has been developed to cover focal lengths from 150mm to 450mm — a focal-length range most demanded by high-end PENTAX-camera users
With a crop factor of 1.5x (K5, K3) it will be a whopping 225-675mm !
But weighing as much as 2 kilos it requires some exercise ... or a tripod.
What do you guys think ?

Link to this goliath: HD PENTAX-D FA 150-450mm

Kind regards.

Rich M

Bart......I got to hold one recently. Balances quite well on a K-3 with grip. It felt so much better crafted that the equivalent Sigma's.

baudolino

I will stay loyal to my ancient eBay-sourced F* 300/4.5 lens - that is, if the good (repair)man in Prague manages to fix it, after it started wobbling and disintegrating during an Africa trip late last year, leading to the discovery of many screws missing :) Still, it managed to take this picture (among others) so it deserves to stay. Long-winded answer to the initial question - no, I probably wouldn't buy the zoom, as for my purposes I need small & compact & razor sharp and my relic lens ticks all these 3 boxes.