The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with images taken with the Pentax K1

V

Vivek

Quentin , How come the 24-70 has turned in to something real nice? :bugeyes:

Lovely!

Quentin_Bargate

Quentin , How come the 24-70 has turned in to something real nice? :bugeyes:

Lovely!
Thanks!

It's necessity. It does a decent job, but it doesn't do it as well as a better lens could. So yes, its "OK", not "great!"

Try it against the Sigma 35mm F/1.4 and you'll see the difference.

Michiel Schierbeek

FA 77/1.8 limited
AF is rather slow and it has distortion. For the rest it is a lovely lens with pop and the OOF areas are wonderful.
The merry-go-around went rather fast and AF was hard.

Grandsons in a little bus.

Paul2660

Astrotracer 2 minutes K1 ISO 3200 sky, and ISO 5000 on foreground, 1 minute. Combo work, C1 and LR, C1 for sky, LR for foreground.

Paul C

3 Milky Way over Buffalo Point.jpg

benroy

Subscriber Member
Quentin: Thanks for the lovely Jessie image...my long-hair dachsie, Ivy, is getting gray in the muzzle also.
77 is a great lens, put to its best here.

Roy Benson

Quentin_Bargate

Wonderfull picture Quentin! Is it a single shot, or did you ask him to freeze?
Thorkil
Thanks, Thorkil! Single shot. He didn't pay attention to me. There were other customers just out of shot and he ignored them too. I used SilkyPix to decode the raw file and for some shots it works well. Interface is weird though.

Thorkil

Thanks, Thorkil! Single shot. He didn't pay attention to me. There were other customers just out of shot and he ignored them too. I used SilkyPix to decode the raw file and for some shots it works well. Interface is weird though.
I admire your patiently skills Quentin (and the results!). I have a realistic view of my own mental capacities in that area. So I better stick to my Nikon D700 (even though, for the future, I think colors from that require a Whibal pocket card in the pocket all the time (and remembering shooting it), to have a decent start point). Somehow I do understand the Mauritian Shopkeeper, customers can be really annoying (if they just send the money instead, they shan’t hear a word from me :toocool:)
thorkil