The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LR, CS and 3800 blues

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
That precludes LR edits...does Viveza use same colorspace as PS and does it recognize color profiles? I assume that it must but just a guess.

Bob

docmoore

Robert, I imagine if you export from viveza to CS without managing colorspace in CS then use convert to profile you may be able to ascertain into which space Viveza exports. And that is a stretch if it works.:shocked:

Bob

docmoore

I don't know, I can't find this info anywhere. I've sent an email to Nik asking about this.
This is listed on Nik FAQ for Viveza:

" Will Viveza work with my color management system?

Yes. Viveza is developed to work with all color management systems and will not affect your current color management system or its settings. "

Guess this is not the culprit.

Bob

Robert Campbell

This is listed on Nik FAQ for Viveza:

" Will Viveza work with my color management system?

Yes. Viveza is developed to work with all color management systems and will not affect your current color management system or its settings. "

Guess this is not the culprit.

Bob
Thanks, I hadn't found this :(

I'm using Profoto in CS3, and the exported file is in this; the problem isn't going from LR > CS3 > Viveza, it's LR > Viveza.

robertwright

if you are running snow leopard that might be part of your problem, with the new epson drivers. check out luminous landscape today, he has a piece about how profiling is broken in SL- altho it is not directly related, you may be experiencing an associated issue. just a thought if you have upgraded recently.

fotografz

Didn't your 3800 come with Colorburst RIP?

I tested prints out of Lightroom and CS4 and the RIP prints were so much better I was shocked. I haven't printed from any editing software for over 2 years.

I can drop 40 images into the RIP dialog and walk away. Colors on all the Bridesmaids dress I have to shoot are spot on including satin blues and those near impossible greens.

The RIP cut hours and hours off printing.

Don't know if that helps, but it sure works for me.

-Marc

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Back in the dark ages when I bought my 3800, they offered two "models". The Pro and the straight 3800. The only difference was that the Pro came with the Colorburst Rip. Unless they changed that policy, it's possible that the OP bought the printer and did not receive the Rip.

docmoore

Marc is correct that the RIP makes this printer.

You can buy the RIP on Epson's site or look at ImagePrint 8. Both deliver a
much better print without any hassles with Snow Leopard, CS4 or Epson drivers as the drivers are bypassed. The supplied paper profiles with IP are very very good.

Marc can comment on profiles for Colorburst.

Bob

Robert Campbell

I wrote to NIK about the colour shift in Viveza, and they replied:

We are working on this issue. It is already fixed in Viveza 2 (to be release in December) and Customers who have purchased Viveza or the Complete Collections for Photoshop or Aperture or Lightroom after September 22nd, 2009 will be eligible for a free upgrade to Viveza 2.
At least I wasn't imagining it; but the upgrade will cost :mad:

I asked Epson UK about ColorBurst -- no reply yet.