The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Solving Recent Profiling Issues With Apple Computers

D

ddk

IMO its best to still remain with 10.5 or 10.4 for a while longer for all the bugs to be ironed out by apple and 3rd parties. Really, what's in 10.6 that you can't live without.

Dale Allyn

This is a very useful article (essential content, actually) for those using CS4 and Leopard or Snow Leopard. I don't print with Epson printers, but use Canon imagePROGRAF printers, but I still appreciate learning what's going on with these software/OS relationships.

David, as I read this, it's important info for users of CS4 and OS 10.5, as well as those who have updated to 10.6. I'm with you with regard to slower adoption of software/OS upgrades. I typically hang back from the updates for longer and longer with each new update these days.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I agree this is a great link. However, if I'm not mistaken, it is important only to those engaged in making their own profiles or printing a target that will be used to create a custom profile. It's not something that should impact those using factory profiles.

Dale Allyn

Tim, that's correct. It affects the steps of one printing the target of color patches used to create the profile (custom profile), whether measured "in-house" or sent to a service.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
So that is why I didn't see the problem. That was my usual mode of operation anyway. Lucky I guess
-bob

"IMO its best to still remain with 10.5 or 10.4 for a while longer for all the bugs to be ironed out by apple and 3rd parties. Really, what's in 10.6 that you can't live without."

Hi David

Amen.

Paul