The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Help with new R2880 printer?

durrIII

Well, I decided that I had to have a printer, so I got the Epson 2880. I have installed Epson's new drivers and their Premium profiles. After i added teh Premium profiles, my colors are much, much better, but the prints a all a bit dark. How do I make an adjustment to save so that all images are adjusted a bit lighter? Exposure, brightness, curves, what? Thanks for any help.
I still hope that I can get the 3880 in the Spring.

bensonga

Hi Durr,

Are you having trouble with color or B&W? Very different solutions, from my experience. If you are printing B&W with the ABW option, I believe the standard setting (and I'm coming from the PC world, so the exact setting name/location is likely different on a Mac and I'm also writing this from memory, since I'm not at my home computer) is "Neutral" (for the tone...like Warm, Cool etc) and "Darker". I always find the "Darker" setting is much too dark and I start with "Normal"....that should get you much closer for B&W.

If Color, there are a couple of settings if you are using the No Color Adjustment option for increasing the Brightness and/or Contrast of the print itself. You could obviously pump up the Brightness by 10-20% and see how that looks.

Hope this helps a little. Good luck and congratulations on the 2880! Great price on that printer right now.

Gary

durrIII

Thanks Gary. I will give it a try. One more question. I downloaded the Epson Premium profiles by their instructions. Now when I open PS or LR or Aperture the profile windows and icons pop up on my desktop. What's up with that?

durrIII

Now, I have screwed something up. I was trying to eliminate the popups by deleting the printers software and reinstalling. NOW it won't print at all. error: rastertoescpll failed

PLEASE HELP