The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Epson R2880 roller marks/scratches

durrIII

My 2880 printer is only 1 week old and it has started scratching/marking the larger prints at the bottom left. Does not do so on letter size prints. What's wrong and can it be fixed? Or should I send it back? Thanks

BTW, it still prints dark!

bensonga

Hi Durr,

Are you finding these scratches with all kinds of paper or only with thicker, fine art papers? Are you using the manual sheet feeder? I have a couple of friends up here in Alaska with 2880s.....I can see if they are having similar problems. I've only experienced small scratches with my 2400 on thick fine art papers with alot of curl to them. I can pretty much eliminate the scratches by carefully flattening out each sheet of paper before feeding it thru....a PIA, for sure.

Still printing dark...color and B&W?

You might ask this question on the Yahoo DigitalBWPrint and DigitalBWPrint-Exchanges groups also....I'm sure there are alot of folks there who have experience with the 2880.

By the way....there are some very favorable comments on your December 13x19 print over on the Yahoo print exchange forum. :thumbup:

Wish I had a magic bullet to fix it for you.

Gary

durrIII

Thanks Gary. I wish you had that magic bullet, too! I am trying to get this thing working so i can join your swap again. i'll keep you informed.

Durr